Force Update??

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by rssahlman, Dec 10, 2008.

1. rssahlman

rssahlman New Member

Dec 9, 2008

Advertisements

Is there a way to force an update. I just received my TivoHD and it is not running the latest software as I do not have the netflix option...if not how long will it take to update and does the cable guy coming Friday to install cable card have any effect or issue if not updated yet??

Thanks
    Rick

2. Tico

Tico Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Dec 9, 2002
    What version is it at...

I usually have success just forcing the TIvo to connect to the Tivo service..

You'll know it got an update as connection status will say Pending Restart..

3. ted_b

ted_b New Member

Mar 8, 2002
    My TivoHD went through initial guided setup without cards, but wouldn't accept a forced update (saying it was coming at 2am.,..but nothing) until the cable cards installed and I rebooted (reboot also required for cards seeing addtl encrypted channels). I went from v9 to Netflix-ready v11 (I think it shipped with v8, and the v9 upgrade happened without the cards, if i remember/guess right)

4. rssahlman

rssahlman New Member

Dec 9, 2008
    I seemed to have gotten the new update but I cannot get anything from the video on demand which is where I expect the netflix is suppose to be...I wanted to try that since I do not have any of my digital channels (no hd or anything)....does anyone know why I get nowhere when I click on VOD

5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

You need to have the Tivo connect to Tivo Service once more after the V11 update installed and running, get guide data and stuff, netflix will be in VOD after. A clue when you have Netflix is when you see 'Its Netflix on Tivo' on Tivo central as one of the ads. Selecting it will take you directly to Netflix Instant Queue without having to go through VOD.

6. topjazz

topjazz Member

Dec 4, 2003
    USA
    Should everyone be at v11 by now?