Force second Hydra upgrade?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Charles R, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Charles R

Charles R Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2000
    USA

Advertisements

Yesterday Tivo updated two channel frequencies two days early so I lost several recordings. For the heck of it I decided I would downgrade to TE3 with the time. Now I can't get back home as the upgrade app is no where to be found (after numerous connections and restarts).

Is there a way to force the upgrade? Supposedly TiVo will "add" the app to my device/account at some point in the future...

Regarding TE3 it was worse than I remember... outdated, clumsy and I didn't find it any faster.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I had the same problem on my Roamio. After calling - send unit back - I gave up, bought the remote & dongle. Worked. The "New Experience" was not there.

Try Twitter.

3. Charles R

Nov 9, 2000
    USA
    Just got lucky I presume. Another couple connections, reboots and the app appeared! Just started the process and hopefully it will go uneventfully.

Bonus question for anyone reading along... I have five or so (real old) TiVos on my account that are being used by someone else (I presume). Only way to remove them is to create a new account and transfer (just) the one I'm actually using?

FYI: Just finished the upgrade without issue.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  4. Charles R

Nov 9, 2000
    USA
    Here's the follow-up email I received... about getting the upgrade app back which per the previous post did finally show up and upgraded fine.

Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support!

This is a response to your current issue that is noted on Case Number

(xxxxxxxx). We have updated the software groups in your TiVo device .If issue

still persist after 24 hours, please contact us in one of the following

methods:

Customer Support Line at 877-367-8486

You may also continue contact on through Email

or Chat through this website: