1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale: used 2.5" WD 4TB BLUE WD40NPZZ - $85 Shipped - Awesome BOLT upgrade !

Discussion in 'eBay Auction Central' started by SalemCat, Dec 1, 2018.

1. SalemCat

SalemCat Active Member

Apr 13, 2006
    WARNING: Will not work with TiVo TE4 Operating System / Menu

There are several Threads in this Forum concerning a problem TiVo created on November 15th.
    The new TiVo Experience "Upgrade" TE4 will not work with this HD.

PSA: WD BLUE WD40NPZZ

My 4-Tuner BOLT worked wonderfully with this HD for 11 months until Nov 15th, 2018. It is primarily my wife's TiVo, and she loved it. But now she is furious at the loss of her Recordings.

She is not technical enough to avoid TiVo's upgrades, so even if I restored the BOLT to TE3, it would only be a matter of time before disaster would strike again.

I carefully removed this 4TB HD from the unit, and restored the BOLT to its original 500GB configuration.

I have not tested the HD again - I just don't want to bother at this point, since I do not have a use for it.

I guarantee this HD not to be DOA, and will give the Buyer 14 days from receipt to contact me and return it, should it not be all I say it is.

If I put it on eBay, it would be the least expensive WD40NPZZ by far. But I'd rather sell it here, to people who are Technical and capable.