Food Network Star (6/12/2011)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jradosh, Jun 17, 2011.

1. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    No surprise at all about Juba. That guy couldn't string two sentences together in front of a camera.

I was a bit surprised they didn't send home the model/cry baby/accent woman. She's nice to look at when she's feeling comfortable, but other than those few seconds she's a train wreck. At least Kathy (was that her name... the one eliminated) smiled a lot and had a personality.

I also thought frat-boy might have been the one to go. Lighting fires just for the fun of it... I could see how that annoyed the judges. :p

Giada :eek: I could look at her all day. :eek:

2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yeah I was glad to see Juba go, also. He was cute and had a great smile but his camera presence, or I should say lack thereof, was just atrocious.

So far, except for the fact that Penny is still there, I think they have made very sound decisions with their cuts. I don't know how many more weeks I can stand her, but the longer she stays around (as long as somebody better doesn't get the ax) the sweeter it will be to hear her told 'sorry you will not be the NFNS'. :D

I don't mind crybaby as long as she toughens up soon ... like yesterday! She could probably have a nice presence. But the thin-skinned, wimpy thing only goes so far with me unless the person makes the effort to get their chit together.

I think Giada is absolutely stunning. My husband just says 'meh'. huh? What's wrong with him?

3. 4inziksych

4inziksych New Member

Feb 28, 2003
    I still don't get this (what I brought up in the last thread). Juba was disastrous, yet in the confession he was calm and composed, you would think that camera would freak him out too. I noticed that even after his horrible presentation when they were asking him questions, he calmed down very quickly and was able to answer. I feel bad for him, it's like just that moment of presenting got to him and I think a reasonably intelligent person can get over that with practice (he just ran out of time to do it).