Folders on new external drive

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by overFEDEXed, Jul 1, 2011.

1. overFEDEXed

overFEDEXed Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Centerville,...

Advertisements

I posted this over at Tivo.com forums also.

My external hard drive crashed. I had all of my folders set up on it like "Daddy's movies" Daughter's Movies" etc. Of course all off my tivo's show these folders under the "Now Playing List"

I hooked up a new external drive and remapped all of those folders using the Desktop software under "Shared Music, Photos and Video" When "pushing" to the Tivo's the movies show up in a new folder with the same name.

How can I get them to show in the original folders that were on the crashed drive or can I ?

Thanks for any info.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    You can't. The folders on TiVo are not actually folders, they're groups. The only way programs get grouped is if they are from the same series and have a matching Series ID in the guide data. There is no way to create a custom group.

Dan

3. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Are you talking about an external drive attached to a computer running TiVo Desktop, or an external drive attached to an actual Tivo?

4. overFEDEXed

overFEDEXed Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Centerville,...
    Thanks Dan203 and unitron,

The external drive is attached to the computer. These are movies that I own and ripped to the external drive.

A member at another forum suggested that I set up an auto-transfer from the old folder on the TiVo to the corresponding new push folder on my external drive. That will not work because the movies sitting on the tivo are copy protected.

Thanks for the info.