Folder Customization

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Toob_Sox, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Toob_Sox

Toob_Sox New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Think this will ever be possible? I'd like to be able to throw adult programming into a folder and name it whatever I want. With kids in the house and quickly becoming handy with the remote... it could get ugly. Thoughts?

2. MrSkippy53

MrSkippy53 New Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Have you looked at the parental controls options?

3. Toob_Sox

Toob_Sox New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    No. I'll do that, thanks.

I'd like still like to be able to hide certain programs as well. Just surprised that you can't do something as simple as create a folder and name it whatever and put what you want in it. That's all.

4. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
  5. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    By "adult programming", do you mean pr0n? :p

If the programs are transferred from a computer, I don't think parental controls will have any effect, unless they include a rating flag.
    IIRC there is software that lets you create meta data for files transferred from a computer. Check the home media features forum.

6. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    The early screenshots of the HDUI interface (before the Premiere was released) showed "custom" folders like "Dad's shows" but there's still no sign of this functionality in the released software.

7. Toob_Sox

Toob_Sox New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Well, yes... that and other things that I wouldn't want kids or a babysitter to see. lol.

8. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    I'm not sure what metadata TiVo honors, but pyTivo metadata files offer "showingBits", "tvRating", and "mpaaRating" tags that may influence viewing ability restrictions. It's possible that TiVo may ignore such tags; I've never tested.