"Folder bug" has returned?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jayfest, Jul 16, 2007.

1. jayfest

jayfest Not-so-New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    New Jersey

Advertisements

I apologize if this has been brought up somewhere else - I searched, but couldn't find it. Feel free to merge this in there if it has.

The "folder bug", which seemed to have been fixed with one of the last few software updates, has returned on my S2 540. This is the one where you search down (say) the list of suggestions and find one one on page 5 of the list and go to play some of it. When you go back out to the list, you are not on the item you just played, but rather are somewhere on page 1 of the list. I had thought that in the previous version of the bug, you were put at the same spot on the page, but were moved to page 1. Now it looks like I'm being moved to about the 5th or 6th item on page 1, even if I try looking at a different item on page 1.

Is anybody else getting this? Has there been some software mini-update (not requiring a reboot) slipped in there that could be causing this?

2. HDTiVo

HDTiVo Not so Senior Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Whatever was or wasn't fixed, they just don't seem to be able to keep track of the pointer to wherever you are in NP under all circumstances. :thumbsdown:

Last I remember, since the last update, there was still a pointer problem backing out of screens in To Do as well.

3. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    I think they fixed some of it but not all of the times it happens. So this may not be a return but you found a big enough list to cuase the behavior to happen

4. jayfest

jayfest Not-so-New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yes, I am now noticing that it does not happen every time in the Suggestions list. I don't happen to look in any other folders that are big enough to show the problem. Well, maybe someone at TiVo will notice this thread and check the behavior out one more time to see if there is still something that needs to be fixed. Fixing this problem isn't real high on my TiVo wish list, but I just thought I'd mention it.

5. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004

Advertisements

I think TiVo developers already know about this problem and that it is not completely fixed yet.

6. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yeah, this is what I see all of the time on my series 3. I tried to explain it in the S3 forum one time, but nobody knew what I was talking about. I *don't* think I was as clear then though.

1) to do list
    2) go into a program
    3) view upcoming episodes
    4) pick a DIFFERENT showing of the same episode to record
    5) back out
    -> Now you'll be viewing a DIFFERENT item in the To Do list.

There's another similar situation where I've seen it jump to somewhere else in the guide data.. but that one is far less reproducible.

I never see this on my S1s, and it's really disconcerting to see it on the S3.

7. HDTiVo

Nov 27, 2002
    And if I remember right, that DIFFERENT item is always the SAME different item.

The other part in NP happens particularly when you change the Keep Until date

8. timr_42

timr_42 Active Member

Oct 14, 2001
    st louis, MO

You are right. It does always show the same different item. For me it seems to always pick a SP'ed show. I always hate that.

9. HDTiVo

Nov 27, 2002
    Me too. Letterman I think, but then again it must be different on my other TiVoes. ;)

10. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I thought it always showed you the 'next' item in the list -- as if it were using an array index and not updating it.

e.g. to do list shows:
    show1
    show2
    show3
    show4

and you do the steps above to record a different showing of 'show3', and it would show you "show4" (which is now really the 3rd in the list) when you left-arrowed out..?