Flight Of The Conchords - "Drive By" - 7/29

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mattpol, Jul 29, 2007.

1. mattpol

mattpol ILYA KOVALCHUK

Jul 23, 2003
    NEW YORK...
    Firstly, Murray sings... LOVE IT!

Aziz Ansari was his usual awesome self.

I think I have a dude-crush on Arj Barker.

2. Tivortex

Tivortex Cherished Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Colorado
    Loved all of them standing outside the Australian embassy flipping off the guard. (And him flipping back!) :p

3. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    The embassy scene and the mother uckers in his shi song were the only parts I thought were at the same level as previous episodes. I laughed quite a bit at the smoothie line. The rest of the episode was just a little bit too preposterous for me.

4. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I thought this episode was very "meh" -- except that I did love Murray singing. Poor lovelorn Murray.

5. mattpol

mattpol ILYA KOVALCHUK

Jul 23, 2003
    NEW YORK...
    Murray deserves a win. I just want him to win one.

6. stiffi

stiffi New Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Charm City
    As funny or funnier than the previous episodes. The trick is to listen to all the mumblings Brett and Jemaine make.

For instance...When Brett complains about the fruit vendor (while sitting in the box) he says he was really mean. Jemaine then responds (only 1/2 paying attention, and watching tv) "he was allright" That's when Brett yells back "no he wasn't he was horribly mean and rascist". Jemaine then just mumbles "oh yeah".

7. Bananfish

Bananfish Preowned Member

May 16, 2002
    Belmont, CA
    I really am loving this show. You have to appreciate just the sheer inventiveness alone - for example, the fax picture sequence along with the "work items as musical instruments" in Murray's song - those things are not really part of the show, so to speak, in that they don't advance the "plot" or character development - just in there to make the show more visually and audially (is that a word?) stimulating. Terrific.

8. FilmCritic3000

FilmCritic3000 Active Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Anchorage,...
    I believe the word you're looking for is "aurally", root word "aural", definition - of the ear or hearing.

9. InterMurph

InterMurph Member

May 22, 2003
    Gloucester, MA
    As always, I loved the band meeting scene. Especially when Jemaine and Brett were surprised to find that Murray was separated from his wife. "I moved in with you guys for a month! You had to talk me down from the roof!"

10. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Come on ... Did no one else laugh when Murray handed over the box and said, "shame - feels like it's empty", and Bret responds, "She sent my favorite box!. Later we see him sitting in it. :)

11. grant33

grant33 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Manassas, VA
    I thought "Albie The Racist Dragon" was hilarious. I'm very glad he's not racist anymore.

12. NinerK

NinerK New Member

Oct 10, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Bret: "I just want a Red Delicious"

Fruit Guy: "How about a brown delicious to your face?!"

:D