Flight of the Conchords 7/15 "Sally Returns"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Chibbie, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Chibbie

Chibbie New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Lexington, KY

Advertisements

Flight of the Conchords 7/15 "Sally Returns"

Another great episode! :up:

Here is a direct link to the lyrics: http://www.hbo.com/conchords/img/episode/lyrics_ep5_sallyreturns.pdf

"Then you go sort out the recycling
    Which isn’t part of the foreplay, but it’s still very important"

"Is it because I sneak in when you're sleeping, and give you a little kiss on the cheek?" :eek:

2. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    This was a funny episode. This show is really growing on me. It has that same vibe as Curb your Enthusiasm. It took a few episodes to get used to the characters.

"Team Building Exercise '99"

3. stiffi

stiffi New Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Charm City
    Watched this for the first time. Instantly season passed it. Those guys are nuts! It reminds me of Curb Your Enthusiasm, crossed with The Office.

4. InterMurph

InterMurph Member

May 22, 2003
    Gloucester, MA
    I didn't like this as much as I liked the two previous episodes, but I still really liked it.

My favorite line was delivered by Sally, after Jemained presented her with the butterfly, and explained that he sat on it on the subway. "You shouldn't have done that".

Referring to the sitting on it, instead of the gift itself.

Just brilliant!

5. mattpol

mattpol ILYA KOVALCHUK

Jul 23, 2003
    NEW YORK...

Advertisements

I think Dave is my favorite character. He is so minor, yet so hilariously great.

6. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    I have no idea why I like this show. When watching things like SNL or MadTV, I always hate the musical comedy bits. I don't mean the musical guests, but when they do a comedy song I usually hit the FF after 20 or 30 seconds. Yet this show, and especially this week, the songs are the best part of the show.

7. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I agree... musical comedy is rarely interesting, but good here. I think the reason may be that it relates to the actual story directly. They do a really good job of that.

8. nedthelab

nedthelab New Member

Oct 4, 2002
    SF
    It's business Times - 2 minutes of heaven!!

The humor in this show is drier than the Sahara -- and it keep dragging me back in, love it

9. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Murray is my favorite character. He's just so oblivious and guileless. "Murray. Check."

10. GDG76

GDG76 . TCF Club

Oct 2, 2000
    I liked how Murray slipped the photo of himself into the stack then suggested it's ok if she wanted to keep it.

11. NinerK

NinerK New Member

Oct 10, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Business Time!

You Tube of Business Time

Great show, I like the live act even better; but this is a good show. It's the only reason we've kept HBO since the Sopranos Finale.