Fleabag (streaming on Amazon)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by BlueMerle, Jul 10, 2017.

1. BlueMerle

BlueMerle Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Very surprised there's no thread for this already.

'Fleabag' is an Amazon original written by and starring Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Season 1, 6 Episodes, is available now. Season 2 begins production in Nov of this year.

*Not suitable for children - very graphic language... very graphic*

It follows a woman in London as she goes about life and dealing with the loss of her best friend. It is Hilarious... but quickly gets serious and sad. Still manages a bit of humor at the end.

Fleabag, the main character, constantly breaks the fourth wall, with stingingly wicked comments in some of the most awkward and personal moments.

Well worth a watch imo.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I watched it a couple weeks ago. It was pretty good. I caught the big "twist" a few episodes in.

I watched another show with her in it called "Crashing" on Netflix a couple months ago. That was a better show IMHO.

3. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I watched it a few months ago after seeing a blurb about it in EW. Excellent dark comedy. Now I'll have to put "Crashing" on my to-do list.

tta

4. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    I enjoyed this show. Hope it comes back for another season.

5. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    Enjoyed it. Hope they make another season.

Regina likes this.
  6. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Season 2 starts streaming this Friday (May 17th) on Amazon Prime! HUZZAH!

ThePennyDropped and TiVo'Brien like this.
  7. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Wish I had Amazon Prime! Enjoyed the first season, and Phoebe killed it with the first season of Killing Eve.

8. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Interesting. It's been so long since I watched S1 I kinda forget what it was about. I do enjoy that actress though, so I'll probably watch S2.

9. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    I'll have to rewatch a couple of episodes towards the end of S1 to refresh my memory. It's been so long.

10. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Sat down to start watching S2 last night and ended up binging the entire 6 episodes!! They're short but what a great show. Multiple times I had to pause due to laughing fits. IMO this season is much better than S1 and I thought S1 was great.

I hope they're doing S3 and we don't have to wait two years for it...

11. dwatt

dwatt Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2007
    I second everything you said.

My wife out in sharp objects and fell asleep 10 minutes into the first episode. I watched the rest of the episode then started season 2 of this show and got through 4 episodes before I had to sleep. Surprised she didn't wake up as much and as loud as I was laughing.

12. bruab

bruab Shmegistered Schmoozer TCF Club

Nov 16, 2001
    DC Metro
    We just binged season 1 over two days. My wife and I loved it. Lots of laugh-out-loud moments.

I love the mugs at the camera, a la “The Office”.

13. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    S02 is probably even better IMO...

Robin, lynncosbm and ThePennyDropped like this.
  14. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Just watched S1, finished it tonight. Love this series, P W-B is amazing. Writes, acts. And creates Killing Eve, which is nothing like Fleabag, other than sharp writing.

S2 next...

15. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    Really enjoyed season 2. Brett Gelman is great in I think the finale. Sad that is done after season 2. At least those are the rumblings.

16. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    I just watched it all. That was fantastic.

ThePennyDropped likes this.
  17. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Just finished the first season. Loved it! Will start S2 in the next couple weeks. Working my way thru The Crown now.

18. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I have been watching a British show called Miranda on Hulu. It stars Miranda Hart and is a half hour comedy show with a lot of personality of Fleabag. It has a laugh track so you have to get over that. She is a single 30ish big women as they say and mugs for the camera similar to a phoebe. I kind of think Phoebe got a lot of ideas from her. Some of it is over the top but it has its moments.

19. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    I watched all of S1 and S2 in the last few days. It was good, but not as good as everyone was raving about. Any time the two sisters had a scene together it was golden. I didn't enjoy the priest storyline which was the defining arc of the second season (too much PTSD from my Catholic upbringing to enjoy any Catholicism in my entertainment), so despite hearing S2 was even better than S1, it didn't seem so to me.

20. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I've watched the first two episodes of season 2. I am liking it much better than season 1.