Flashpoint Fall 2011: Your SP will NOT work

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by astrohip, Oct 13, 2011.

1. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Flashpoint has moved from CBS to ION. Existing SP will not work. To compound the problem, the program guide info has the original Canadian air dates, so they all appear as repeats (R). So an FRO SP will not work either. Further compounding our pain, ION is airing Flashpoint in a two hour segment on Tuesday nights--the first hour is a new episode (new to US), and the 2nd hour is an older episode. So an SP-Repeats will pick up both episodes.

You will either have to manually record the episodes you want, or create a SP-Repeats and delete the ones you don't want.

In an effort to help, I will list the new episodes in this thread, along with air times/dates. I will (hopefully) be able to keep this up throughout the season.

Use this link to find the ION station in your area. I initially used the TiVo guide channel search and it did NOT find it, so I assumed I didn't get ION. Using this link, I did find it--turns out the local station is not labeled ION, but "KPXB an ION Affiliate".
    http://iontelevision.com/

2. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    The first new episode (again, new to US) is:

"Grounded", airing Tuesday Oct 18 at 10E/9C.

The last US episode aired was "Shockwave", which was officially Season 4 eps 7. Grounded is S4E12, so ION is showing them out of order.

3. mike_k

mike_k Registered User

Sep 20, 2005
    Mason, OH
    Thanks for the heads up. My guide data is showing Grounded with a year of 2008. It also looks like this won't be in HD? That would suck.

4. Rocketslc

Rocketslc Active Member

Jan 4, 2004
    SLC, Utah...
    Interesting, according to the ION site above they do not broadcast in Salt Lake City. Yet, KUPX /16.1 is owned by ION Media Networks and does indeed broadcast their shows. So even their own website doesn't know their stations.
    As for the order they broadcast Flashpoint, I will just wait and be surprised

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KUPX-TV.

5. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    That website shows it isn't available here in Boise, either, but it is. Channel 10 on Cableone, it's called IONSAT. I too see a 2008 airdate for "Grounded". Oh well. I think I might just set up a repeating manual recording instead of an SP.

[edit] Great, looks like the guide data for IONSAT is off by two or three hours. Looks like I'll be doing a manual recording. (Suggestions recorded on ION for Monk are NEVER actually Monk. I get things like Criminal Minds, Without a Trace, Ghost Whisperer, etc.)
    [edit2] Seeing as I no longer get it in HD, I think I'll just drop the show altogether. Oh well. I watch too much tv as is.

6. Kevin L

Kevin L Active Member

Jan 10, 2002
    Gulf Cove, FL
    Thanks for the heads up. I checked the guide last night (on DirecTV) and it showed the 2008 date so I didn't set to record. I'll go back and do manually tonight. Seems DirecTV doesn't have ION in HD yet. Will be tough to watch in SD after seeing all the others in HD.

7. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    The date it's showing, July 11 2008, is the air date of the series premiere(S1E1). The dates are all screwy.

No HD? Uggh. This will be the only non-HD show I record.

8. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
  9. generaltso

generaltso Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Vermont
    Looks like I'm going to have to start downloading episodes to get it in HD.

10. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    I could only find SD versions, but at least they are wide screen and don't look all that bad, especially streamed through my PS3.

phox

11. RMBittner

RMBittner Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Charlotte,...
    Invaluable! Thanks.

If Ion isn't delivering for you, you may want to check to see if you get CTV, the Canadian channel. (I'm in Michigan, though, so maybe that's why it's showing up from my cable provider.) They're running one ep a week from this current series, but I'm not sure they're coming in correct order either.

For me, Ion is only available on an analog-quality channel, while CTV is offered both in analog and digital. (I could get Ion OTA as digital, but don't have an OTA antenna set up in my main TV room.)

Bob

12. mrschimpf

mrschimpf Member

Feb 18, 2011
    If you get a LOCAL Ion station in HD which is offered by your cable provider or OTA, it should be in HD, and Ion offers all of their rerun programming in HD except for infomercials since they have all post-2000 content. I don't think DirecTV or Dish offers Ion HD though, not even for local channels, due to contracts that go back to the "i for Infomercial" era where they only signed SD contracts and only agreed to take the IONSAT feed (which is the national schedule with bad public domain shows filling some infomercial slots in order to keep DirecTV happy). My cable provider does offer Ion in HD and I will be able to check and report back.

ETA - Was in HD on Ion in my area, no problem. But it is 720p, so you might want to stick with CTV where available if you want it in 1080i.

13. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
  14. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    The next episode is Tues Oct 25, 10E/9C. "Cost of Doing Business" S4E10.

15. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    That must be in the Canadian version. We didn't get that on ION.

16. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I just recorded "Cost of Doing Business", 10/25/2011, 11pm MST, on IONSAT. The Tivo guide data shows ep 409, OAD of 10/4/11. Has the guide data actually been fixed?

17. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I'm thinking if it has been fixed (at least, fixed for US), it would show OAD of 10/25, not 10/04.

IAC, the next new to US episode is next Tuesday, Nov 1. "Wild Card" S4E10.

ETA: I just realized, by fixed you mean it doesn't have the July 2008 date. Yeah, looks like they fixed it. What are the dates they show, the Canadian air dates?

18. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Yeah, I think they are the recent Canaddian air dates. The 10/4 date matches what is shown on the ep guide webpage. The same is true for Wild Card - shows ep 410, oad 10/11/11. This is as far out as the guide data goes. I haven't tried messing with SPs, I just set up manual recordings (my guide data is still shifted by three hours).

19. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I'm going to have to download to get it at all. It's not being aired locally for me.

20. Archangel00

Archangel00 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Gulf Coast
    I love this show but it is without a doubt the most confounding, hair pulling, maddening "series" to keep up with EVER!

I'm at the point I don't even give a **** if it ever airs another episode. Every single person that's been in control of this **** needs to be lined up and repeatedly ***** slapped for creating a total cluster **** out of a really good show. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: