FlashForward "The Garden of Forking Path" 4/22/10

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jschuur, Apr 23, 2010.

1. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK

Advertisements

December 12th, 2016! You guys know what this means, right? The show will be renewed for 6 more seasons!

2. Doggie Bear

Doggie Bear Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Pacific...
    I'm far from a gun expert, but couldn't he have stopped the gun from firing by cocking the hammer and then sticking a pencil or something in the way so that the hammer couldn't strike against the bullet? I mean, that's basically what Danny Glover did in "Lethal Weapon" to keep Mel Gibson from shooting himself. . . .

Or alternatively, why didn't Benford just put his (new) gun against the barrel of the (old) gun and shoot?

3. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    I was amused by the instructions telling Mark to turn right, while they showed the car turning left, and then Mark was instructed to go to the building on the right, but he turned left to the door.

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    It seems to me the more they do with the flashforwards, the less they think about them.

Dyson Frost has had flashforwards "hundreds, maybe thousands" of times, and in most of them he dies on March 15.

Huh?!? How on Earth could he possibly know, unless every time he flashforwards, he goes to the moment of his death? And if that's the case, how can he build such an elaborate flowchart of futures? And even if it's not the case, how can he build such an elaborate flowchart of futures? How can he tell the exact relation of each moment in time he glimpses to each other moment?

Completely nuts. I'd say the wheels are coming off, but this show has been on blocks since about the third episode. So I guess now the blocks are crumbling.

It will be a mercy when it ends. It will boggle my mind if the rumors that it might be renewed come true.

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...

Advertisements

I wondered why Benford didn't stick something behind the trigger to keep it from going all the way back. Or why not just shoot the other gun.

If Dyson Frost wanted to turn himself in to the FBI, why didn't he simply turn himself into the FBI?

I've hated that female assassin every scene she's been in. I hate the way she talks.

Maybe there's something that reboots the flashforwards. I don't know how else Frost would know that he died in 75% of the ffs. He'd be dead.

6. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    Well lets see... Frost makes 100 FFs. In 75 of them he has no vision just blackness... I.E. he knows he dead.

7. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    But then how does he know the date on which he dies?

8. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    +1 here for wondering why he doesn't just impede the hammer or the trigger.

9. catcard

catcard MoxiDVR

Mar 2, 2001
    Honey...
    I noticed when they first showed the gun, there was a safety switch - couldn't he just flip that to stop it :confused:

10. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    +1

Well, that would have been way too intellectual. Where's the dramatic tension? Where's the anxiety generated by the countdown timer? Flip the safety to "ON and that's that.

You need to be on the writing team.

11. Rez

Rez Member

Dec 23, 2001
    Austin, TX
    I'd have to look at it again to be sure, but I'm fairly certain that lever that was shown is the take down lever, not a safety. Flipping that lever while the slide is back allows the slide to be removed from the frame of the weapon.

The whole "disarm the gun" thing must have been written by someone who doesn't know a lot about how pistols actually work. Holding the slide slightly back or stopping the hammer from falling would solve the problem.

12. squint

squint Member

Jun 15, 2008
    If they had used a Glock 22, which is what most FBI agents are issued, there would have been no external hammer or safety to mess with.

13. Doggie Bear

Doggie Bear Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Pacific...
    But didn't the close-up shot (picture) of the gun show that when Agent Noh tried to get up, the hammer cocked back?

14. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Yes. But squint's point is that the show used a different model gun than what FBI agents use in real life.

15. Doggie Bear

Doggie Bear Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Pacific...
    Ah, got it, thanks.

16. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    Same way Demitri does... Someone else who had a flashforward told him. I looks like there was quite a bit of Flashforwarding going on in the recent past.

17. goku988899

goku988899 New Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Dunno if this has been mentioned... mark's pistol (a Sig Sauer P226) has a decock lever (2nd lever from the right)... you just need to flick the lever down and the hammer will drop without firing off a round... only problem is that the P226 is double action so pulling the trigger while the gun is uncocked will still make it fire...

18. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I'm watching just to see how it plays out. In my FF, there are no more seasons. No. More. Seasons.

Because then that assassin you like wouldn't have been able to do him. Of course, he helped her by standing on top of a hill. I think I may even have seen a red target on his chest.

When they walked into the courtroom, and flashed on the window washers, was there anyone who didn't see the escape coming?

Jeez this show sucks. How many more eps to suffer thru?

19. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    :up::up::up::up:

20. MickeS

MickeS Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Well, we were supposed to see it coming.

I agree with all the other criticism in this thread though. It will be a mercy killing if they don't renew this. PLEASE don't renew it. I'm interested in seeing the conclusion to this (hopefully there will be one), but after that I want to be done with this mess.