FlashForward - "Black Swan" OAD 10.15.2009

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by classicX, Oct 16, 2009.

1. classicX

classicX Don't scream.

May 10, 2006
    Miles away...

Advertisements

Haven't watched it yet, but figured I'd make the thread so the title will be correct.

2. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Watched it. Seems that Dr. Benford finally has to accept the fact that the FlashForwards were real, or at least one version of real. She really tried to stick her head in the sand, but it didn't work.

So Simon (aka Charlie from Lost, Dominic Monaghan) is in league with Lloyd Simcoe and they had something to do with the FlashForward. That will be very interesting to find out what their involvement was. I wonder how the blonde girl in custody will fit in.

Looks like the head of the FBI office agrees with most of us that the crow information from the Nazi was not all that helpful. I liked the analogy he used "trying to stretch a single into a triple."

So Dimitri finally told Mark about the info he has about his own murder. They didn't go very far with that, but at least now they both know.

What's the black agent's name and who is Clie that he was searching for on the Mosaic database?

So the FBI is going to hire a hacker (Mr. Cheeto Dust) to hack into the CIA database and get info that the CIA is apparently too busy to hand over right now. I predict that's not going to go well.

I also can't believe it's the next morning and nobody is talking about this show yet. I know people aren't as excited after four episodes as they were after one, but I'm shocked there isn't at least a little discussion after 12+ hours.

3. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Maybe if Walter Bishop was on this show I might be a bit more amused.

4. GadgetFreak

GadgetFreak New Member

Jun 3, 2002
  5. brermike

brermike Member

May 31, 2006
    Johns Creek, GA

Advertisements

Well, we saw what she saw and the face was distorted so it was very clear who it was. I thought it could be the priest of possibly Simon.

I thought the opening was done very well with the music and bus crash. It was all very creepy. I like how in the background you can see cars crashing and such in slow motion. Very cool.

6. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I went back and freeze framed it to see if it was Simon (Charlie), but it clearly wasn't. Didn't think about it being the priest. She said she saw the face of her attacker, but what they showed us was through the water and fuzzy. I'm not sure if she got a better look than that.

7. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    I disagree entirely. The Nazi's vision leads them to the black crows, which lead them to Somalia, and eventually they're going to find out more about that tower structure and the shepherd boy in '91. Right now it's their primary way forward in the case, aside from the restaurant group tip.

We haven't seen the pieces fit together yet, but obscure as it was, Nazi's tip is going to open up a new venue.

8. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Oh, I agree that it will eventually be very important. They wouldn't have built an episode around it if it weren't. But most everyone in the thread last week agreed that the information didn't seem valuable enough to secure the guy's release from prison, at least not without any further info to determine why it's important.

9. JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo Damaged Goods TCF Club

Sep 29, 2003
    Southern NH.
    When we saw the babysitter's Flashforward, all I kept thinking was "D Gibbons is a bad man."

10. MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe Travels for Food

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    I fell asleep about 75% through. That's never a good sign. :(

I really liked the opening scene, though.

11. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Loved the opening scene and music. I thought this was the strongest episode since the pilot.

12. Rosincrans

Rosincrans mad north-north-west

May 3, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    It frustrates me to no end that their was never any follow up to that scene with his daughter. I'm not an FBI agent and if my son told me that "D Gibbons is a bad man." you can bet I would have a slew of follow up questions.

13. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Isn't it funny? I thought it was the worst one yet. All we learned were two things: babysitter's FF and introduction of Simon (who we've seen repeatedly in 'coming this season'). EDIT: Oh, and one more thing: we're getting closer to "you can't avoid what you saw in the FF". :)

The closing credits mystery word bonus was AWESOME, however. I tried to type in the link I received into my browser, and it wouldn't work. But I could view the video from the link on my Sprint phone. :/

The word and content were:
    FATED, link is http: //m.msnack.com/v/12102997 (space added for spoiler tag). The scene is from some govt hearing on funds for the FBI to continue the case. There's a lot of new info in it, so I'd think it's 2-3 episodes from now unless they pick up the pace.

Some 'Madame Biyotch' on a panel is berating Mark because he's asking for all this money ("millions of dollars") but can only relate 30 murky seconds of his FF. Paraphrase: "Others (unless they were asleep) can detail the whole 2:17 in crystal clarity, but you can only come up with 30 seconds of yours. What were you doing the other hundred seconds? Was the building on fire? Smoke in the room?" She's really riding him like Willie Shoemaker, calling his investigative techniques 'voodoo'. Sounds like Olivia before the operation. :) I'm pretty sure his vision quality problem is because he was drunk, but he can't reveal that, of course.

The "unless they were asleep" is new information for sure!

That opening sequence WAS great, tho. :)

14. emandbri

emandbri TV junkie!

Jul 5, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    I don't recall his name, let's just call him "so very pretty." :p

15. JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo Damaged Goods TCF Club

Sep 29, 2003
    Southern NH.

He had already told her teacher that they were taking it slow with her because they didn't want to traumatize her.

16. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    I'm betting the girl was being baptized, not drowned. That would explain why the priest was doing the "drowning" (if he indeed was). And it would explain her feeling that she deserved it, since baptism is the act of washing away sins, whether symbolic or literal.

I did a quick google to see if Episcopalians did baptism by immersion or by sprinkling and I think it's by sprinkling, though that might just be for infants, I'm not sure, and for all I know there are dozens of Episcopalian variants (not that I expect a TV show to be 100 percent theologically correct any more than I expect it to be 100 percent technologically correct).

17. emandbri

emandbri TV junkie!

Jul 5, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    I don't think she was being baptized, I don't have the episode anymore but I think she said she felt herself dying.

If she was baptized, we have the same issue we had with the ultrasound, the flash forwards are at 10 pm at night. I suppose one could have an "emergency baptism" but that doesn't seem very likely.

18. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    She, or we, saw her still body sinking deep will below the water's sruface. That's NO baptism by any Christian or other religion.

19. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    It's definitely Simon who ''kills'' the babysitter. Even though his image was distorted from the water, the second I saw him at the end, I could tell it was him.

Funny thing about the guy that saw himself as a black man -- The whole time I thought the reason was going to be that he died and his eyes get transplanted in a black guy. :p

20. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I don't think it was him at all. Go back and do a freeze frame on the clearest picture you can see of the guy's face, and it looks nothing like Dominic Monaghan.