Flash Gordon "Blame" - 1/18/08

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by robpickles, Jan 19, 2008.

1. robpickles

robpickles Lurking Around

May 19, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY

Advertisements

Ooo its the Thundercats. Just how many cantons are their anyway?

It also amazes me how easily Flash's people get things done on an alien world, even with Balin and other native help. Ming has an army that are always around - of course only at the times necessary for plot advancement.

Now Aura and Teryck's mother is in the picture. With the family growing by the mnute, it looks like the series is ready to wrap up in a few episodes with an attempted coup.

Any word on how well this show is doing? I would like it to stick around.

Rob :)

2. MickeS

MickeS Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2002
    I would like it to stick around too.

I didn't mind seeing Aura have to take off most of her clothes and rub oil all over herself to save Flash. :D

One thing that cracks me up, related to what you mention about the cantons, is that EVERYTHING so far on Mongo is within walking distance. :D I wish they would have let Flash & co steal some kind of vehicle/ship in the beginning of the series to hide in the forest and use for travel... as it is now, the whole place seems to be about the size of midtown Manhattan. :D

3. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    After the last two episodes it's apparent that Flash is becoming the prophesized uniter; the writers apparently don't have a single clue how to write characters who behave with any subtlety. Based on the current pace, my guess is the season concludes this story arc (uniting the people of Mongo) in some manner.

4. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I also really had to laugh at the lion man's disdain for Teryck. Teryck may have little patterned scar-like lines on one side of his face, but lion man looks like a cross between a human and a lion who's having a bad hair day.

Lion man's son was kinda hot, though. I'd have found some excuse to rub oil on his body, myself.

Oh, and that reminds me... the scene with Flash rubbing oil all over himself was humorous... if the vine tree can't grab onto his t-shirt or shorts, why did he need oil at all?

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...

Advertisements

I also laughed at the fact that a lion/human hybrid would be prejudiced against a human with a couple of scars on his face.

I wondered about Aura's ridiculous outfit until it became obvious she'd have to lube herself up to save Flash.

I just finished watching the last hour of the 1980 Flash Gordon movie on one of the Encore channels. God was that awful. This tv show has a shoestring budget and it's Masterpiece Theatre compared to tha crapfest of a movie. Even the music was terrible.

6. jones07

jones07 eff.org warrior

Jan 30, 2001
    Phila, Pa....
    1980 Flash Gordon, music and all was terrible bad. Until right now I blacked out the fact that I once talked a first date into seeing this with me at the movie theater. She never went out with me again............I blame the movie :eek:

D@mn, Aura got some skinny bird legs