Flash Gordon 9/7/2007 (S01E04) "Assassin"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MickeS, Sep 8, 2007.

1. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    So... wasn't this just a variation on exactly the same story as the previous three episodes?

ENOUGH ABOUT THE FREAKING RIFT! Nobody cares! And do the writers even care about any consistency with this rift thing? Apparently, Ming can send whoever and whatever he wants through and back - what the hell is so important about this portage initiative anyway, if he can already send things through?

This show is junk.

2. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I find this show to be perfect background while working on my fantasy football homework :)

3. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    It's something to watch till the new season starts, I liked last nights show.

4. MirclMax

MirclMax Ancient Member

Jul 12, 2000
    Episode finished... season pass deleted.

I miss The Dresden Files.

-MirclMax

5. smallwonder

smallwonder Age quod agis

Jun 13, 2001
    MD, USA
    I haven't watched the show before last week. I saw half of last week's episode and all of this one and was vastly confused. I didn't understand the point of the rift so I read the episode synopses on scifi.com to see if that cleared things up. It didn't.

I too don't understand why if Ming can send whomever through whenever he wants, he went through the bother of draining the scientist's minds. Just have the assassin kill them and pop back thru to Mongo or Mordor, or whatever it's called.

And why Kendall, MD of all places? So that the rift openings aren't noticed by the thousands of law enforcement agencies located in the national capital region? :confused:

6. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    The Portage Initiative might be a way for us to send whatever we want through... something Ming might consider undesirable. And he'd drain their minds to find out what they knew. Simple.

7. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Tealc, Teyla and now Baylin. Can't any alien warrior types use a contraction once in a while?

As stanky as this show is, I look forward to watching it on Saturday afternoons. But it makes me sad that such a slam dunk of a concept like a sci-fi channel is being run by such no talent executive hacks at the SciFi channel.

8. smallwonder

smallwonder Age quod agis

Jun 13, 2001
    MD, USA
    Yes, that makes sense. I guess I'm assuming Ming's knowledge of the rift technology is vastly superior to the humans, since Flash's father is the only human who has managed to open a rift in 15 years. And his superior knowledge would lead him to sending spies thru who would live on Earth full-time and monitor the rift openings as well as the human's efforts in this regard.

But this show is not worthy of all this deep thinking on my part. I'll just disengage as I do Painkiller Jane - and watch it in the background while I'm doing something else.

9. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Once again, the effects were truly pathetic. The scenes on Mongo with Ming and the Segway guy in front of windows were just painful to look at. Note to the effects artists: If you're doing a green screen and you have a green halo around the person in the scene, you're not done yet. Keep at it.

Awful effects aside, this show is pure crap. I wonder how long I'll keep watching just because it's a sci-fi show?