Fixing HDVR2 with Phillips DSR7000

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by retrieverfalcon, Sep 20, 2007.

1. retrieverfalcon

retrieverfalcon New Member

Jun 9, 2004
    I had the hard drive fail in my HDVR2 recently. I want to bring the system back online and I am not worried about recovering the lost programming. Is it possible to use the upgraded hard drive in my working DSR7000 to create an image that I can then restore onto a new hard drive for the HDVR2. Will I need to do a Clear and Delete Everything once I load the new drive into the HDVR2? Any other special software I would need since the images are from different models? Am I limited to the drive size I have in the DSR7000 (since I already upgraded it to a 320GB) or can I go bigger?

Thanks for the assistance.

2. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    You can definitely use the image from your DSR7000 to fix your HDVR2. Just keep in mind that when making and restoring a backup image that the replacement drive has to be the same size or larger as the donor drive. You will need to do a C&DE after restoring the image to get rid of the hardware error #51 that will occur. If you plan on hacking the HDVR2 then you can simply install and run the 51killer.tcl script to get rid of the error message.

3. clock022

clock022 New Member

Sep 21, 2007
    nice post send!