Fixing a Broken HR10-250 and keeping it.

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by trausch, Mar 27, 2007.

1. trausch

trausch New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    Pittsburgh

Advertisements

My Hr10-250 died and they sent me a replacement. They did not make me send back the old unit. If I fix this unit myself by installing a new drive will Direct TV let me reactivate it without sending the replacement unit back? Has anyone else tried this?

2. spellow

spellow Damn! Winters coming

Oct 31, 2003
    Northern, VA
    Yes, I have done it.

3. BigBearf

BigBearf New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    I had one unit with a bad hard drive and another with a bad power supply that D* replaced with HR20s to my dismay. After much conversation with retention I got a $300 credit to buy a local HR10. I did that and then was able to IC and zipper and restore the first and got a PS from Weaknees and revived the second unit.

I had them note on my account that I did not need to return the HR10s from the gitgo and kept notes including U#s and dates. I got a bill about 45 days later for "unreturned units" of $470 each for the HR20s but eventually using the notes got that straightened out.

I now have all HR10s listed as owned and the two HR20s listed as leased. So to answer the question yes they will reactivate and put on your account but it pays to keep notes to avoid problems in the future.

Hope this helps,
    BigBearf