Five Amazon Rentals with Wireless Adapter

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by nrc, Sep 4, 2008.

1. nrc

nrc Cracker Soul

Nov 17, 1999
    Living in a...

Advertisements

TiVo has an offer for five Amazon OnDemand rentals with purchase of a TiVo USB Wireless Adapter.

http://www.tivo.com/promo/getmore.html?wt.z_links=wit_getmore_videodownloads_offer

Hopefully the "OnDemand" rebranding of UnBox and the updated privacy policy message of a few days ago mean that HD downloads are not far behind...

2. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    it is a good offer but has been out for a couple of months now. Not sure if you thought the offer indicated other changes such as HD downloads, but if so I do not think it does.

3. nrc

nrc Cracker Soul

Nov 17, 1999
    Living in a...
    Sorry, hadn't seen it before and topic search didn't find it. No, I understand that nothing has changed yet, but I'm hoping that the updates indicate that something is on the way.

4. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    The price is $20 above what the adapter sells for on Amazon.

5. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004

Advertisements

would definitely be about time to get some mpeg4 HD goodness from Amazon, on that I do agree.

6. shabby46

shabby46 New Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Falls...
    Just a heads up if anyone does this, its ONLY if you order it from tivo.com. I bought a wireless adapter from the store and went to find out how to get my movies a while back and the website said instructions would be in the package when the adapter arrives by mail.

very different than what the paper offer said when it came... So I wound up paying less but didnt get any movies. oh well.