First Run only not working??

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by mtehonica, Sep 22, 2007.

1. mtehonica

mtehonica New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Hey guys,

Tivo newbie here so take it easy on me. Just got my Tivo HD and set up some Season Passes. I scheduled a bunch using online because its easier than using the guide. But it doesnt seem to be recording first run only like I set it to. For example, I set Survivorman on Discovery and now its set to record like the next 8 episodes today.

Keep Until: Until I delete
    Keep At Most: All episodes
    Show Type: First run only
    Start Recording: On Time
    Stop Recording: On Time

Is this how it should be working??

2. bjheels

bjheels Member

Mar 5, 2003
    Grapevine, TX
    I just switched to the TivoHD a few weeks ago and the same thing happened. It recorded the latest episodes of Damages and Saving Grace that we had already watched on our old HR10-250.. I think it recorded the most recent episodes of current shows only, but things were corrected after that first week. It is only recording New episodes as it should. I'd give it a week before getting concerned

3. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    Any episode that is less than 28 days old but has not been recorded on that Tivo falls under the category of new. That's why Tivo can record a show on thursday after the first airing on monday wasn't recorded because of a conflict with a higher priority recording.

4. mtehonica

mtehonica New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Awesome! Thanks for the clarification guys!