First Bill from VM drops through letterbox

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by Major dude, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Major dude

Major dude Member

Oct 28, 2002

Advertisements

Well the first proper bill has arrived since the VM TiVo install and it is costing me an extra £22.80 @ month at the moment and £36.00 after the 6 month discount period has expired.

This includes a little extra as I decided to go for Talk Unlimited at £8@ month which I will offset and review depending on the telephone usage.

2. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Geek

Apr 1, 2002
    Manchester
    Now the billing site is up again I can double check my bill.

Tivo Multiroom cost £15 a month - a little tidbit they didn't tell me when I was ordering. I was told £6.50, as it says on the website.

The two add up to £18 a month extra (£15 for second Tivo, £3 for first Tivo - already had XL etc.).

(Still sore at being locked into Broadband S at £18 a month after being told by retentions it was 'basically free').

* Edit: Rechecked bill and edited Broadband cost..

3. tdenson

tdenson New Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Leeds
    Likewise, my additional room box is £15.

4. Ernie_C

Ernie_C New Member

Feb 20, 2011
    The charge for additional boxes is split across two entries on the bill - the £15 charge you have seen and an £8.50 discount which reduces the cost to the quoted £6.50.

5. deshepherd

deshepherd New Member

Nov 30, 2000
    Bristol, UK

Advertisements

Yes ... that's the way VM handle things - everything is billed at "full" price then a discount is deducted ... I'm on a "triple-XL" deal and my bill has the full charde for XL phone, TV and BB listed followed by a "bundle discount" to bring it back to the quoted price.

6. tdenson

tdenson New Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Leeds
    That must be why I can never make head or tail of my VM bill

7. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Geek

Apr 1, 2002
    Manchester
    I get a £16 triple bundle discount, and a £3 'loyalty' discount. Same as I did last month before I had two boxes. So the theory doesn't work.

Plus my total has gone up by £18 - £3 for the Tivo and £15 for the multiroom.

8. Ernie_C

Ernie_C New Member

Feb 20, 2011
    It's not anything to do with any theory or my explanation. If you do not have the discount element of the multiroom box on your bill then you are being overcharged and need to take it up with Customer Services to get it corrected.

9. mike0151

mike0151 A Friend of Dot

Dec 13, 2001
    Liverpool,...
    Strange, they didn't charge me for Feb as they took my charge out of the £149 but seem to have overcharged me for March. If they get it wrong again, I will complain severely.