Firestick or Chromecast

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by mharbold, Oct 1, 2020.

1. mharbold

mharbold Member

Apr 6, 2002

Advertisements

Hi. I can no longer get Comcast On Demand on my Tivo Mini or Roamio. Could I get a Firestick or Chromecast and be able to attach it to my TV and use it with Tivo? Would like to be able to see my Laptop on my TV and watch On Demand that way, and get other Apps like Disney Plus. Would either of these work? Which is better?

2. keithg1964

keithg1964 Ragonk

Feb 2, 2006
    Texas
    Instead of being asked to be force fed the answers, spend some time reading this forum.....

3. Bruce24

Bruce24 Member

Jan 8, 2003
    boston

Comcast have a app called Xfinity Stream that works on Android, iOS and through a browser on a PC, Mac. They also have a, free for now, public beta for Roku. Note they have a version for the Firestick, but is in my opinion it is not ready for everyday use.

If you want to spend zero dollars, using your laptop is and option for both On-Demand and Disney+. This would assume you have an HDMI cable to attached between your Laptop and TV. You could spend a bit of money and buy a device to allow you to go wireless between the two.

If you don't mind spending $30 to $50, then Roku would also get you both On-Demand and Disney+ along with a whole bunch of other content.

I think the Roku would the better solution.