FireFly HD

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by A-1, Jul 8, 2007.

1. A-1

A-1 New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Chicago

Advertisements

UHD universal HD that is will be showing Firefly starting 7-28

2. speedy4022

speedy4022 New Member

Nov 27, 2000
    Idaho
    I was wondering if it was starting then or not because there guide shows serenity Pt. 2 which is the second half of the pilot. I wonder what happened to Pt.1?

3. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Firefly has been on in HD for months. Not sure if it was UHD, but it was on one of the HD channels. TNT-HD maybe?

4. rkester

rkester a rkester says what?

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    It was Universal HD. And was, for a while, part of their Friday night lineup along with BSG and I think SGAtlantis.

Nice to see it making it back around again. I enjoyed watching it in HD, even though it's not that much better visually than the DVDs. Just because it was there. Comfort by convenience. :)

5. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....

Advertisements

I just won an auction for the DVD set and I have most of the eps on my TiVos in HD. The DVD set I'm getting is anamorphic widescreen and I was curious if there was much difference between the HD from UHD and the DVDs. I was thinking of deleting the HDs because I could use the space, but is it worth watching the HD version over the DVDs? Or is there really not that much difference?

6. rkester

rkester a rkester says what?

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    I didn't think it was a huge diff. Not like the diff between Serenity HD-DVD and SD-DVD.

Id wait and compare before you decide to delete the stuff on your dvr.

7. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Will do - thanks!