Firefly Complete Season $22 shipped

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by fliptheflop, Dec 30, 2005.

1. fliptheflop

fliptheflop Member

Sep 20, 2005
  2. mmilton80

mmilton80 Custom User Title

Jul 28, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Thank you very much. I'll buy it.

3. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Unfortunately, your link to Buy.com indicates it's unavailable.

I'm going through the entire TV series right now on DVD (even though I saw it on SciFi) before watching "Serenity". There's nothing like Firefly on a 51-inch with Dolby Surround (even if it's only Dolby 2.0).

4. fliptheflop

fliptheflop Member

Sep 20, 2005
    yep its gone now sorry

5. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    amazon had it at this price, even lower, if not now

6. alyssa

alyssa Active Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Sunny SoCal
  7. jstr

jstr New Member

Sep 25, 2005
    I ordered mine through Amazon a week ago at $29.96 with free shipping. Today it's $34.99 at Amazon. In early November it was less than $27. I didn't realize that Amazon changed their prices so often. It's #3 seller of all their DVDs, so maybe they are taking advantage of the high demand.

8. alyssa

alyssa Active Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Sunny SoCal
    I've got all the Firefly's backed up on my HD waiting for editing & trancoding but I've come to realize I've simpley don't have the time to do TV shows. I'll spend the $ and have them come nice & packaged.
    Movies yes, weekely shows no.
    Plus the commentarys are cool

9. Jan 2, 2006 #9 of 24
    newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    even 57? ;) sorry couldn't resist.

10. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    About the only time I watch TV shows on DVD (I have three sets only -- 24 first season, Alias first season, and Firefly) are when I'm on the treadmill. They're perfect for a good 45-minute workout ;)!

11. 2farrell

2farrell New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    Willow...
    Ah ha.......61? OK.....Bad post.
    Seems most places except the regular high price places are sold out.
    Seems they all under estimated demand.
    I'll wait a few weeks.
    The local Wally World here is supposed to have more next week for $19.48
    I have reserved a copy so I don't miss out again.

12. GBL

GBL covert opiniative

Apr 20, 2000
    Twin Cities, MN
  13. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    walmart.com now says out of stock.

14. alyssa

alyssa Active Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Sunny SoCal
    Actually that's a great idea- you're right it's the perfect time increment. I was gonna play my tour de france dvd's but they're a few hr's long. These (firefly, sg-1 ect.) would be the perfect amount of time!
    Thanks-

15. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Yep...actually 24 and Alias got me through a couple of cold, midwestern winters with excercising until I could get back outside again :D

16. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Slacker! Nowadays I do 2 "hour" shows on the treadmill virtually every day. It ends up being approx 80 minutes (skip opening/end credits, and of course commercials) total.

17. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I am such a pig... :(

18. alyssa

alyssa Active Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Sunny SoCal
    Let me guess, you don't have a SO & kids.....and are one of those odd beasts that survive on 3 hr's of sleep per night. ;)

19. sakura panda

sakura panda Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SE Michigan
    I went to WalMart today to see if they had Firefly in stock there -- this is the third one I checked over the last three weeks.

The first one, when I asked, said if it wasn't on the shelf, they didn't have it, and that new DVDs come in every Tuesday. (Translation: I don't know anything about it and I'd like to get back to the DOOM conversation that I'm having with this other "associate".) I didn't bother to talk to anyone at the second WalMart. I'm not there to look for the DVD, but I'll check while I'm there.

Today, not only did he know what I was talking about, but he told me that it came out "around the same time as the fifth season of Farscape, which was eight seasons long." I'm sure this isn't a big deal to you guys, but for me to go into WalMart and talk to someone who is knowledgable about what I'm seeking? It's surreal. :D

I told him that I've never watched Firefly, that I knew the DVD came out over a year ago, and that I already had Serenity, but I didn't watch it yet because I decided I wanted to watch the series first. I even told him that I've watched SG-1 and Farscape, but somehow missed Firefly when it was on TV. :p

I'm telling you guys, because it's your fault that I bought Serenity. I tivo'd some of the episodes, but I missed a couple, and I decided that instead of recording the Firefly marathon last Friday, I would just buy the DVD and be done with it.

Is this considered a UMF? :D

--Katie

20. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Well, aside from the fact that Farscape went 4 seasons, not 8. (5 if you wanted to count the Peacekeeper Wars mini-series as a season).

Oh, and that Firefly was released on DVD in Dec '03, while "Season 5" of Farscape was released in Jan '05... (The complete season 2 in Oct '03 appears to be the closest to Firefly's release date. But it's annoying to fully check because of the multiple ways Farscape has been released).

But at least he knew what Firefly was. :D