Fios Vox and OTA Roamio

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Betrthanren, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Betrthanren

Betrthanren New Member

Mar 23, 2020

Advertisements

I currently have a TiVo Vox with two TiVo Vox minis on FiOS. I was curious if it’s possible to add the TiVo roamio with my HDTV antenna and be able to have the other TiVo Minis switch between the Roamio and the Vox to view content. I’d like to be able to record OTA programs not available on FiOS on the roamio and be able to watch them on the other minis. Possible?

2. dishrich

dishrich Active Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    Yes, & I am currently doing this very thing, with Comcast & OTA, but with 1 Roamio Pro, 2 Roamio's on a local antenna & a 3rd Roamio on a separate, distant antenna for the Peoria/Bloomington DMA...along with couple mini's. :)
    BUT the only way you can, is you'll have to network all the Tivo's & Mini's via ethernet, if you're currently using MOCA/coax. You can't have a cable & an OTA signal share any part of your Tivo coax network, as it will cause problems with BOTH signals. By using ethernet for the networking portion, you would run your FiOS coax directly to your Tivo VOX, then run a separate coax from your antenna directly to the Roamio. Change networking setup on all boxes to ethernet & you're good to go.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    Betrthanren likes this.
  3. Betrthanren

Betrthanren New Member

Mar 23, 2020
    Thanks for your detailed response, very helpful but I’m going in another direction and will be looking for some help as well.