FIOS TV - Using M-CARDS?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by AbMagFab, Jul 24, 2007.

1. AbMagFab

AbMagFab What happened, TiVo?

Feb 5, 2001

Advertisements

Anyone know if FIOS is using M-Cards? Is there any way for me to tell if the cards I already have are M-Cards?

Mine are Moto cards. Is there some indicator on the card?

I'd love to get a TivoHD even for my analog TV's, just to get rid of the annoying cable boxes.

2. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    It should say MCARD on the label. When was your install?

MCARDs are now available in some FiOS service areas. Verizon doesn't ship MCARDs to local offices until they deplete their supply of the older single-stream CableCards.

3. AbMagFab

AbMagFab What happened, TiVo?

Feb 5, 2001
    My install was abut a month ago. Where on the card does it say it?

4. Hogues92

Hogues92 Member

Jan 8, 2006
    It says it in big letters on the top the card. At least it did for mine and it's a moto, too. (I think)

5. ckelly33

ckelly33 Member

Oct 29, 2004

Advertisements

Is the Series 3 M-Card compatible?

6. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    The older Tivo Series3 works with MCARDs, but doesn't support multi-stream functionality. It treats them just like standard CableCards, which means you need two of them @ $2.99/mo ($5.98/mo total) in order to use dual tuners.

The new TivoHD supports multistream functionality out-of-the-box, which means you only need a single MCARD @ $2.99/mo to use both tuners.

The older Tivo Series3 is supposed to get multistream functionality -- eliminating the need for the second CableCard -- in an software update, presumably later this year.