FIOS router compatibility

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by martinb0820, Oct 21, 2019.

1. martinb0820

martinb0820 New Member

Oct 21, 2019

Advertisements

I'm going to replace my Verizon DVR with an Edge or Bolt, as well as replacing set top boxes with Minis.

I would like to keep using the existing Actiontec MI424-WR Rev F router for awhile, until I have time to run Ethernet to the ONT.

This router apparently supports only MoCA 1.1. Would this be a problem with an Edge or Bolt?

2. martinb0820

martinb0820 New Member

Oct 21, 2019
    Guess I answered my own question. I called Tivo support, and was told that MoCA 2.0 is required.

3. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Your Actiontec MI424-WR Rev F router will continue to work fine with a Bolt, I can't answer on the Edge since I don't have first hand experience but that should also be fine, Tivo support is not correct in stating it won't work.

krkaufman and Mikeguy like this.
  4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    What @dianebrat said (and not TiVo Support). MoCA 2.0 is backward-compatible with MoCA 1.1, so a CableCARD-capable* BOLT or EDGE *would* be able to connect to the built-in MoCA bridge of your MI424-WR.

* FYI... The OTA-only versions of the BOLT and EDGE DVRs lack MoCA functionality; not a problem if you’re sticking with digital cable for TV.

p.s. See also the following Re: a side benefit of networking a TiVo DVR as a MoCA client: Extending wired connectivity at a MoCA-client TiVo DVR

5. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017

Advertisements

Yeah, this is a nice benefit. I have my Fire TV connected to my network via the Roamio Plus ethernet port.

krkaufman likes this.