Fios new .tv channels - missing from guide

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by bigguy126, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Jun 5, 2009 #1 of 39
    bigguy126

bigguy126 Member

Sep 4, 2007

Advertisements

Verizon Fios added 6 .TV channels in HD back on 5/15, yet there is no guide data for them yet in my area. I opened a lineup case with tivo at that time and they tell me that they have no idea why they have not been added yet. 3 weeks is a bit long, no? Any other Verizon subscribers get them added yet?

2. Jun 5, 2009 #2 of 39
    wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    They were added here -- as "LOOR558", etc. No real guide data. I finally sent in two "Incorrect Channels" reports (since you can only do three channels per report) a few minutes ago, coincidentally.

However, while Verizon's own STBs have the proper names for these channels, even they don't have program data for them. So I don't expect much.

3. Jun 5, 2009 #3 of 39
    bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    I don't think program guide data exists for those channels yet, but you should file a lineup change report to request the correct channel names.

4. Jun 6, 2009 #4 of 39
    TiivoDog

TiivoDog FIOS Fast!!!

Feb 14, 2007
    Central PA
    I submitted two separate online forms on 5/25 and they have yet to be worked for the 6 new Fios TV Channels!!! If the friggin' online form isn't working or flat out being ignored, then Tivo needs to deactivate the page, otherwise they need to appropriate the necessary resources to work the tickets or properly notify their paying customers!!!!

This has me jacked as I have been a loyal customer for quite some time and every time I end up using the online form, I also have to call to report the change, which ultimately takes 20 minutes or so, then their clock resets to 3 to 5 business days..... Pathetic!!!

As for the Verizon boxes, they were in fact updated timely as the 1 I have in addition to my 6 Tivo units, was updated right away!!!

5. Jun 6, 2009 #5 of 39
    AbMagFab

AbMagFab What happened, TiVo?

Feb 5, 2001

Advertisements

There is guide data on FIOS DVR's, just not Tivo.

Once again, Tivo blows it with guide updates.

I'm petrified of 6/12... I use OTS for my locals, just because I like it better than FIOS (I think they're identical, but OTA is 100% reliable).

Anyway, 6/12 I predict will be another Tivo disaster... Just like with the initial FIOS channel realignment (where Tivo also had tons of notice, everyone else was updated including Tribune, and it took Tivo weeks in some cases to get things right).

6. Jun 6, 2009 #6 of 39
    mbhuff

mbhuff New Member

Jan 24, 2004
    New York
    I think this is a unusual situation. These aren't new channels that existed before that are being added to FIOS, these are NEW channels that have never existed before. If you check Zap2it.com they are listed as LOOR also. That means that Tribune company still doesn't have the callsigns, etc...

Until the originator of the channels and Verizon get Tribune up to speed, there is nothing that Tivo can do.

7. Jun 6, 2009 #7 of 39
    AbMagFab

Feb 5, 2001
    Yeah yeah...

But it doesn't change how Tivo royally screwed up the FIO channel realignment and HD rollout. It was in Zap2It, sometimes weeks before Tivo updated the markets.

Grrr... Keep your damn jack! (reference to an old joke)

8. Jun 7, 2009 #8 of 39
    sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Evidence suggest Verizon has screwed this up, not TiVo. The other data provider, TV Guide, does not have data for these channels either.

9. Jun 7, 2009 #9 of 39
    TiivoDog

TiivoDog FIOS Fast!!!

Feb 14, 2007
    Central PA
    Can somebody contact Tribune to expedite this issue??? I don't have a link or contact point to affect this situation, so if a Mod, Tivo/Verizon/Tribune employee monitoring this thread could do so and update the Community, it would be greatly appreciate by all Verizon Fios TV Customers using Tivo!!!

10. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    You can submit a lineup report to www.tivo.com/lineup

You can also contact Tribune more or less directly yourself by reporting the lineup issue to zap2it.com -- Tribune runs that site.

11. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I guess you've never had a station with a transmitter problem go dark for OTA. And with their Fiber feed to the local cable companies they are still able to broadcast, even while their OTA signal is down.

12. rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
    You're not missing anything from not having guide data for these channels. Think QVC or HSN...

13. bigguy126

bigguy126 Member

Sep 4, 2007
    After waiting 22 days, and filing a lineup change and calling back to get a "priority" lineup change added, I got the channels added today as LOOR558 etc as you posted. I can't understand how the service that Verizon uses for their STB's can get them right but Tribune can't.

14. mae

mae member

Dec 10, 2001
    USA
    Here in Maryland on VHO4, I have the names listed right, but all data is "to be announced".

15. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Presumably the names are "right" because TiVo hasn't actually added the channels to their guide data for your area yet, and you're getting the names straight from the CableCard. That's what happened here, too.

16. TiivoDog

TiivoDog FIOS Fast!!!

Feb 14, 2007
    Central PA
    Per my earlier post, I already submitted a ticket with Tivo..... Also, why should I as the paying customer have to jump through hoops with a company (Tribune) that I have no business relationship, when I am paying Tivo to handle that support work???

17. bigguy126

bigguy126 Member

Sep 4, 2007
    I called Level 2 support today and opened a new ticket. He promised to get to the bottom of it. BTW they offered a months credit for my inconvience.

18. TiivoDog

TiivoDog FIOS Fast!!!

Feb 14, 2007
    Central PA
    Great - I appreciate you taking the bull by the horns and ramrodding this through!!!

19. AbMagFab

Feb 5, 2001
    Nope, never in the DC/metro area. And I'm not totally sure they are all fiber-fed to FIOS. I think some are still OTA to FIOS, then fiber. I know some are still like this with Comcast.

20. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I gave you that information because you asked, and I quote:
    Don't ask questions if you don't want the answers.