FIOS Mcard will not initialize in HD TIVO

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by foodog1i5, Apr 7, 2011.

1. foodog1i5

foodog1i5 New Member

Apr 6, 2011
    3 truck rolls and 3 Mcards later, and they still can't the Mcard to initialize with my TIVO. I previously had a Scard running in it, but I wanted to be able to record one channel while watching another. I called TIVO tech support and they told me that, on the conditional access screen, I should have a "v" for val I have a ? there, and a <1> for Active prg, I have a <0>. I've given the Verizon techs. this information, but all they say is that they enter the card numbers into the system and the system sends the signal, and that is all they do. Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it?

2. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Id guess that something is screwed up with your Verizon account, what the Verizon techs are doing should get things set up, but as it isn't I wonder if they are actually hitting your cards with the signal. Most Verizon techs are competent with cable cards, so I think the problem is "upstream" of your house.

3. rsnaider

rsnaider Active Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Long Island, NY
  4. foodog1i5

foodog1i5 New Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks for looking and trying help folks. I received a call from the last Verizon tech and he told me to go ahead try the TIVO. I looked at the conditional access screen and sure enough, val had a v and Active prg had a <1>, just like the TIVO tech support said should be there. I did ask the Verizon tech if he had to do anything special to get it working, and he said no, he just had their activation center resend another initialize signal....

I have a TIVO 3 HD series and it is running software ver 11.0k-01-2-652, I did look at the TIVO support page before asking for help.