FIOS in N. TX, QAM channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by TXTivoUser, Aug 10, 2007.

1. TXTivoUser

TXTivoUser Jeep Ninja

Nov 27, 2002
    Denton, Texas
    Ok - so I don't have my cable cards yet.

I did a channel scan and it found several hundred channels, but only tunes in the locals in analog.

Does anyone know:

a) if there is a list of digital QAM channels I can get
    b) what the QAM mapping is
    or
    c) how I can get TiVo to display those channels?

Thanks

2. TXTivoUser

TXTivoUser Jeep Ninja

Nov 27, 2002
    Denton, Texas
    Just ended a chat session with someone at VZ around this - apparently they do not broadcast anything unencrypted according to this particular person.

I find that hard to believe as I'm watching the unencrypted analog junk at home.

I just wanted to find out where they broadcast the digital unencrypted local HD's from...I'm betting they didn't know what I was talking about.

Anyone?

3. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    You're right. they didn't.

4. TXTivoUser

TXTivoUser Jeep Ninja

Nov 27, 2002
    Denton, Texas
    So am I to assume you've gotten this working? What is the secret sauce to get Tivo to see these (regardless of what market)?

I'm jonsin' to start using my TiVo the way it was intended to be used....I don't want to wait until Thursday.....whaaaaa. ;)

5. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Without CCs you can't use it the way Tivo intended since there will be no guide listings for the channels anyway, so best you can do are manual recordings. After you have done the scan you need to go to "Channel List" menu and see if Tivo added any channels of type cbl to your lineup. You can channel through them all even if disabled in "Channel List" by bringing up Guide options and setting preferences to All channels instead of just ones you receive.