Fios Added A New Channel (A&E HD) - How do I tell Tivo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by winstoda, Oct 16, 2007.

1. winstoda

winstoda New Member

Sep 16, 2005
    So Fios has added A&E HD this week. It's channel 842. I can tune the channel and it appears in the guide once I added it in 'Channels I Receive'. But there's no guide data. What do I need to do to start receiving this data?

2. TexasGrillChef

TexasGrillChef New Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Call them.... Let them know... Once you tell them it takes 3 to 4 days for it to pop up on your TiVo.

I have done that several times for TWC in Dallas.

TGC

3. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    I already filled out the lineup form for ya this afternoon. :D Also including Fox Business (channel 94).

P.S. Don't let that stop you from doing it, too. They might only add it for one region at a time, or they might respond faster if more people fill in the form.

4. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    These channels were added to the BH network a few days ago...

Had the usual message from Tivo of a change in the lineup, then they were there

Cable has a long way to go if they plan to match what DirecTV has to offer, over 100 HD channels by years end

5. bizzy

bizzy New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    San...
    Wow, i get the strangest feeling of deja vu. Almost like that was what DTV said last year.

Oh, and the year before.

Do me a favor, try holding your breath until they actually materialize. Until then, leave the empty hype to their PR dept at least.

6. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    To be fair, DirecTV has been putting up new HD channels at a pretty good clip recently. Engadget is saying 47 national channels as of today, and they are counting more conservatively than DirecTV is.

7. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

are the 100 HD channels going to be ones that all cable customers can get also, or are there going to be regional?