Finding my 1999 account info

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by solomita, Oct 23, 2019.

1. solomita

solomita Member

Oct 12, 2002

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I was a customer of TiVo back within a month of the original product launch. I later bought a second one when a larger HD became available. Over time I got a DirecTV TiVo, then I went away from TiVo for a while.

I've been back with TiVo for 5 years now, but they insist that they have no record of my early history. The customer service reps looked me up by email address and phone number. I guess I might not remember that info from 20 years ago -- maybe I used a business address -- but I don't think it's likely.

Has anyone had experience trying to resurrect their old TiVo accounts? Does TiVo ever purge old accounts? The rep I spoke to couldn't help me and said that there are no supervisors to speak with.

Thanks!
    -- Ethan

2. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    Is there any particular reason that you want to find your old, abandoned TiVo account?

3. seaninde

seaninde Active Member

Sep 23, 2019
    When I recently started using Tivo again and signed up for service, they still had my info from 2003. I was using same e-mail though.

4. yesno

yesno Active Member

Jun 27, 2003
    Arizona
    Was the Tivo account moved to DirecTV with a lifetime sub.?

5. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY

Advertisements

All of my previous device / service history is on TiVo.com, back to 2000.

Devices that I’ve sold or transferred obviously don’t appear any more. But older units that just lapsed service are still there.

6. solomita

solomita Member

Oct 12, 2002
    Weird, then. I can't imagine that I didn't use my regular email address nor my home phone number, but they insist that both of them show no matches.

Truthfully, the reason I'm curious is that I've read (for what that's worth) that people with long TiVo histories may be able to call customer service and ask to be excluded from the pre-roll advertising that is supposedly rolling out soon. I figure one-month-after-first-sale would be a long history.

7. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    i don't think history has anything to do with it

AlvisoShowcase likes this.
  8. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    I very much doubt that long time subscribers will be given the option to opt out of pre-roll ads.
    But if they did it would be for long time subscribers not subscribers from a long time ago who abandoned them and then returned many years later.

jrtroo and solomita like this.