Find receiver code on remote?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by willp2, Jun 21, 2008.

1. willp2

willp2 Member

Sep 15, 2007

Advertisements

I just got a new Sony stereo and the regular Sony codes for the remote didn't work for it, so I went through the process of scanning through the codes until I found one that worked.

While it's great that I can control the volume on the stereo, I can't power it on and off from the remote because as I understand it I need to enter the AV code into the remote to make that happen and I don't actually know what the code is.

Hopefully this makes sense, but I am either looking to find out what the code is or figure out another way to be able to use my Tivo remote to power everything off and on.

Thanks

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    There isn't a preset code for the factory default codeset for sony receiver made in the last 6 years. If you can switch the sony to the old codeset, AV1, then the codes would work. See your manual or this thread, for directions.

3. willp2

willp2 Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Well that looks very promising. Unfortunatly my manual doesn't say anything about this and that thread doesn't mention my model. Definetly looks like the right answer, now I need to chase down the details. Thanks

4. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
  5. willp2

willp2 Member

Sep 15, 2007

Advertisements

Thanks, the previous post had a link to that thread as well.

6. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    I'm sorry but seeing your model # of the sony at RC, I highly doubt it uses the AV2 codeset or even can be switched to the old AV1. I'd look into getting GLO tivo remote so you could teach it the commands from the sony oem remote. :(

7. willp2

willp2 Member

Sep 15, 2007
    I actually didn't know the glow remotes were learning remotes. That is interesting then.