Find NFL Games?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by boulderskies, Dec 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. boulderskies

boulderskies Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Totally apologize for this most basic of questions. I have looked for the answer and cant find it. I have a new TiVO Premiere, provided by SuddenLink and all I'm trying to do is find upcoming live NFL games for today. I know there are two: one at 2:30, one at 6:30. For the life of me, I cant find either one, despite going to both Sports locations in the TiVO menus.

What gives?

Frustrated,
    Scott

2. boulderskies

boulderskies Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Update: I can find the games in the basic Menu but this sort of defeats the purpose of the great usability of TiVO,doesnt it? I have about 600 channels to wade thru in the basic menu.

I did discover that live NFL games only show up about an hour and a half ahead of time in the What To Watch Now, Sports Menu. Am I right on this?

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    To find NFL games just use Search, then enter an "N" and NFL will display on the right. Select NFL and then Upcoming. Right now I have a lot of TBA, but it's that time of year and sports have been bad with the new guide.

Second, my feed has 460 channels. I pay for 240. I go through the channel list, unselect all but 50 and make 19 Favorites with thumbs up. Then I change the guide to only show Favorites. Selected channels still show in the Search function.

Not knowing how to use the TiVo isn't TiVo's fault. Perhaps Suddenlink has disabled normal TiVo functions?

4. boulderskies

boulderskies Member

Aug 23, 2013
    I came on here looking for help, and not criticizing TiVO so I could have done without the "not knowing..." comment.
    Aside from that, thank you for the help: I was actually looking for a way to de-select a bunch of channels.
    And no, I dont think SuddenLink disabled any functions as I have a Roamio also and all functions seem the same. But I had just discovered that the Sports Guide didnt go very far out in time, which, yeah, I think could be improved.

5. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Lack of & limits to the guide functions are mostly due to Rovi problems. Sports have been hit really hard.

6. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    I didn't think you were criticizing. However, some people are a little over sensitive since some people come here and like bash TiVo.

I setup a wish list for NFL games. It took some tweaking to get it working just right, but I go to it and it shows me all upcoming games. Let me know if you need more info.

7. boulderskies

boulderskies Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Thanks-criticizing was the furthest thing from my mind. I was frustrated that "Sports" didnt go out further than 1.5 hours tho. And yes, great idea on Wish List. Will do that. Thanks for the help.

8. waynomo

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    It should be further than 1.5 hours. It should be several days if not more.

9. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The second post mentions "What to watch now". That's only a few hours ahead.

I did notice that Screener also has a lot of TBA for the NFL starting 1/1 (except Eagles). Perhaps that's due to those games being playoffs?

10. waynomo

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    The networks might not have decided yet which games to be broadcast nationally yet. This time of year with playoff implications, etc. scheduling can be delayed. I find earlier in the season the schedules seem to be posted earlier. I figure after tonight's game they will decide.

11. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    For the 1/1 games, they weren't all determined until Sunday evening. Green Bay @ Detriot was moved from 11am to Sunday night, because they are playing for the NFC North Championship. Flex-scheduling. I think the Patriot/Miami game was moved earlier and replaced with something else, too? Something more competitive with playoff implications? Either way, the first round of the playoffs won't be completely set until after the GB/DET Sunday night game.

JoeKustra likes this.
  12. kjsmithtx

kjsmithtx New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Plano, TX
    What is taking Rovi so long on the Packers game, it has been known since Sunday but still shows TBA in the guide.

13. waynomo

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    My guess is that it's the networks and not Rovi.

14. kjsmithtx

kjsmithtx New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Plano, TX
    I don't think so, Screenertv already had it yesterday (possibly prior to that) and Rovi still has it as TBA today.