Finally got Tico Desktop 2.4a working with Vista Home Premium

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by kkasten, May 19, 2007.

1. kkasten

kkasten New Member

Mar 18, 2007

Advertisements

I got screwed last nite when I had 2.3a running on Vista Home Premium edition and tried to install 2.4a - which had me uninstall 2.3a and then told me that it wouldn't install unless it was under XP-Svc pack 2.

So I've been trying a slew of things all nite long but this is what finally worked for me:

1. I disable User Account Control on Vista
    2. I disable my anti-virus/security program
    3. I uninstalled Tivo Desktop 2.4
    4. I search my PC for any Tivo references and deleted everything with the exception of the .tivo recording I had in My Documents
    5. I went into the Registry and did and find & delete on every Tivo reference
    6. I restarted my computer, just out of precaution.
    7. I editted the properties on the TD2.4a install file and set the Compatibility to Windows XP SP2 (Right-click/Properties/Compatibility Tab) for yourself and all users.
    8. I followed the "How To Run TivoToGo 2.4 on Windows Vista" directions at "pvrblog" dot come site

Good luck. it took me all nite after doing step 1-3 and 7-8 without any luck and getting the annoying message that the Beacon Service wasn't Running.

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Good for you! Ain't Windows wonderful? I haven't gone to Vista yet but have had similar problems installing Roxio EMC9 on my XP machine. Way too much hassle for what little use I get out of it.

3. dB02

dB02 New Member

Dec 25, 2003

How did you fix the Beacon error? Thanks alot!