FF to PLAY: why doesn't it stop on frame?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by NYstrele, Jan 10, 2006.

1. NYstrele

NYstrele New Member

Jan 10, 2006
    a question i'm hoping another tivohead can help me with. when i'm scanning through commercials on FF (or even REWIND if i overshoot), when i hit the play button, tivo never stops where i tell it to. it always backs up so that i end up watching the last 5-10 seconds of commercials. fairly irritating.

is there a way to correct this?

THANKS!

2. crowfan

crowfan The Dude abides

Dec 27, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    No. That's a feature that's built into TiVo for a reason. It's desigend so that you can FF, and then when you see the show start, press play. Then the TiVo jumps back a couple of seconds so that you're at the beginning of the show. It takes time to get the timing down, but when you do, it works great.

If you really don't like it, you can just hit pause, and then hit play. That will defeat the jump back feature. Or, you can set up the 30-second skip feature. That does not use the jump-back.

3. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    On the single FF it doesn't skip back at all, but on 2FF and 3FF it skips back to make up for reaction time, so you aren't starting 10 seconds into the show.

4. NYstrele

NYstrele New Member

Jan 10, 2006
    thanks crowfan! i'll give it a try.

cheers to a fellow new yorker. i live in brooklyn!

5. goman

goman Member

Dec 16, 2004
    I have the SA8300 besides my Tivo. Jump back is one feature that I love on Tivo that the 8300 does not have.