Feed OTA into 4x8 multiswitch?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by CessnaDriver, Jul 16, 2007.

1. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver New Member

Oct 25, 2003
    Fort Worth, TX

Advertisements

I have 4 RG6 cables coming in from my triple LNB dish to a multiswitch, which then goes out to 8 connections to various Directv equipment in the house.

Can I take just one of the inputs from the dish to the multiswitch and diplex it with the OTA, and then have OTA available at all 8 jacks in the house (assuming I split it back apart with another diplexer at each receiver?

Right now I have the antenna diplexed with just one of the outputs from the multiswitch and only one of my receivers is able to get OTA. :(

TIA

2. rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    That will not work. You will need to upgrade to a 5x8 multiswitch or diplex in the OTA signal to each line seperatly.

3. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver New Member

Oct 25, 2003
    Fort Worth, TX
    Thank you for the answer and quick response!

4. dremi

dremi New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    I had about the same situation. I called Direct Digital TV and they got me hooked up with the switch I needed.

5. AccidenT

AccidenT New Member

Oct 25, 2004
    South...

Advertisements

Keep in mind that diplexing won't work with the HR20, so for future proofing you might just want to run a separate coax cable to each spot you'll want to receive the OTA signal.