Fee for additional receiver?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by rigs49, May 29, 2007.

1. rigs49

rigs49 Member

Mar 30, 2005

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I have a question. On my directv bill I see a fee for -additional receiver and a fee for- leased receiver. Now I have the Premiere package and I thought that the fee was waived for receivers. Am I mistaken? I called Directv last week and the gentleman said that he never heard of anything like it. Oh just so you know I have a Directivo and one of those HD DVR's, I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Thanks all in advance.

2. ADent

ADent Active Member

Jan 7, 2000
    Denver, CO
    The DVR fee was/is waived for the top package.

The additional receiver (or lease fee) is not waived.

3. rigs49

rigs49 Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Thanks ADent, but I only have 2 receivers so I do not know how they can bill for:
    1.Additional receiver
    2.Leased receiver(reading your response I get this charge).

4. Boston Fan

Boston Fan Active Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Eastern PA
    You are correct. If you only have two receivers, you should only have ONE additional charge of $4.99. The first receiver is included in your monthly package charge.

5. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...

Advertisements

The First Receiver on any Directv account is Free. Each additional one is $4.99 a Month each.

Also, if you have DVR service you may be paying $5.99 a Month for that. The New Higher Packages have this fee built in, the older packages do not.