1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fear The Walking Dead "What's Your Story?" S04E01 OAD 4/15/18

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Cainebj, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Dear Kim Dickens. We frakked up your show so much and it sucked so bad the only way we could figure out to fix it was to bring in a popular character for the other show and move it to a new city. But hey - at least you still have a job. Well but not in the first episode.

This really was not that bad.
    I thought they way they moved Morgan across the country and showed the time passing was very well done. It wasn't what I expected either - I assumed Morgan would just show up in LA instead of it becoming about his journey to the fear universe. I was also faked out cos I thought it was going to stay in LA or Mexico, so moving the entire thing to Texas is kindof interesting.

I liked the 2 new characters a lot - AJ and the cowboy (although it sounds like he got his accent from Eugene) and the episode overall felt more like the original WD than the drek that fear has become.

And of course, the continuing theme - who are the good guys and who are the bad guys?
    Alicia's "there's some bad people around here" - I actually was thinking that was going to be Kim Dickens in the road...

I'm curious to see where this goes now...

2. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I liked the first episode. Like above, I liked how they showed Morgan moving to Texas, though it started slowly with all the people from TWD visiting him at the junkyard. Showed that they will not leave him alone, so he had to leave.

I wonder if he knew about the sweet apartment at the junkyard? And how long was he there? Long enough to see a helicopter?

Loved the new girl with the swat truck!

3. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    I really enjoyed this episode.

I couldn't figure out who the actress is who's playing "Al". The face was definitely familiar but that's as far as I could get. At the end of the episode I went back to the beginning credits and when "Maggie Grace" appeared, I was like, "no way! way!"

I'm assuming this is going to be a major time jump for the FTWD. Not sure how I feel about that.

4. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    It has to be a major time jump - Morgan and TWD were way further along than Fear was...

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Not that much further...TWD is still at less than 2 years since the outbreak.

6. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    A shame they couldn't find a way for Carl to have faked his own death just to get away from the hell-hole of The Walking Dead. I'm not a Morgan fan. Meh. Both series are, for me, really little more than in-the-background stuff these days, more just because I've watched them for so long and feel obligated to follow. And they haven't just blatantly pissed me off with stupidity as much as shows like Scorpion have quickly done. Well, maybe that's not quite true. But I generally always can hope the stupid character dies in some interesting/somewhat-satisfying fashion in TWD/FtWD.

7. Test

Test Active Member

Dec 8, 2004
    I liked it; at least the first 58 min. Maybe the next episode can start with the karate man, gunslinger and AL killing the old characters immediately and moving on to continue the show without them.

tlc likes this.
  8. Malcontent

Malcontent Aka: Smiling Bob

Sep 4, 2004
    He sounds a lot like the drunk character that the actor (Garret Dillahunt) played when he was on the first season of 'Deadwood'. The one that killed 'Wild Bill'. Garret Dillahunt came back in season 2 (after being killed off) as new character and pull that performance off very well.

VegasVic likes this.
  9. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Recently I have actually preferred Fear over the original. At least it seems to move a bit faster. I can watch the last 5 minutes of a TWD episode to figure out what happened. Not sure if I'm liking the "merging" of the two if that's the direction they're heading.

10. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I was wondering how they were gonna handle the timeline and the xover. On Talking Dead they said time has elapsed for both shows. Morgan was at the dump "at least as long as it takes to grow an eggplant"...plus his travel time. So I'd estimate they are moving Fear forward 2-2/12 years.

Kind of a shame....I really enjoyed the 1st/2nd season when it was about the initial outbreak. Now it's basically the same show as WD.

11. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    How long does it take to grow an eggplant?

12. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    A search of the Googles turns up " Eggplants require 100 to 120 days to reach maturity from seed"

13. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    BTW.....I'm not sure that Texas would be the place I would head to after an apocalypse.....and I'm from Texas. I'd imagine it would attract a LOT of people...and that ain't always a good thing as we have seen.

14. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, technically he wasn't heading TO Texas, just THROUGH it. If you want to get to the West Coast, Texas is kinda in the way! And judging from the way everybody's dressed, it looks like winter, so you couldn't go too far north without the risk of freezing to death...

15. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I was talking about the original FTWD group.

16. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Ah. Well, we don't know yet what's up with them, do we?

17. Balzer

Balzer Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I liked it for the most part. Although I wonder how the heck Morgan couldn't easily dispatch those two walkers chasing him on the highway, even with a bum leg. And also wonder how the Cowboy magically appeared out of nowhere.. I didn't hear any sound of the SWAT truck pulling up behind him. Oh well.

18. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    You could see the SWAT truck parked on the hilltop way, way behind them after Cowboy saved Morgan. I guess he walked the last few hundred yards..?

Balzer likes this.