Fear the Walking Dead - SEASON SPOILERS!!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Gerryex, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...

Advertisements

Anyone still watching this dreck? I still am but I'm just barely hanging on. The last two episodes had a scene that really pissed me off. The episode before the last one where the ex-savior (Dwight?) showed up and he at first almost shoots John and June. Then they make nice and he gets in trouble and is in a car surrounded by walkers. They use up almost all of their ammunition to kill the walkers and John ends up with only one bullet left. So he fires it at an ax and it splits in two and kill two walkers. I was yelling at the TV it was so stupid!!

The last episode is where they want the plane and took it out of the warehouse area. Then Daniel volunteers to lead the herd away with his boombox. But the herd got out of hand so I think he radioed for help and at first the swat truck comes but the machine guns did not work so Daniel crawls under the truck. Then the flatbed comes with the plane on it. I said to myself: don't you dare start the engines to kill the walkers as that will make the plane inoperable. And what did they do - just that!! Strand gets into the cockpit and starts the engines and the walkers happily walk into the propellers and get mashed up. With blood and guts spraying everywhere I was sure the engines would fail and of course they did. What really bothers me is that why couldn't Daniel crawl out from under the truck on the other side of the walkers, get into the truck and both the truck and the flatbed just drive away. Walkers can't run so within a minute or so they would be clear.

I'll probably stick with it as I curious where they will go with the helicopter tie in with the copter that took Rick and garbage dump lady away!

Gerry

tivotvaddict, Tony_T and mrsean like this.
  2. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Agree. On all of those scenes.

I am sticking with it too hoping they can pull out of this writing mess they are in.

3. mrsean

mrsean Active Member

May 15, 2006
    New Jersey
    This show is absolutely terrible now. Even AMC knows it and no longer runs Talking Dead after every episode. The only thing that can save this dreck is Madison returning from her "death".

4. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    ...and of course the plane engines didn't fail until the last walker growler was splattered.

dbranco likes this.
  5. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York

Advertisements

I thought it got slightly better when they reboot it with Morgan and a new cast of characters but it's back to being a mess. I could barely watch the episode before last and this week's is just sitting there on my TiVo. I'm guessing they are thinking if they bring in characters from TWD people will be interested?
    I'm referring to Dwight last week, where I went - oh, it that Dwight? Ho hum.

6. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!!

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    I never got around to watching last season, and heard that Morgan would be on this one so I tuned in.

Yeah. It's still Fear. :rolleyes:

It never was the show they'd hyped it to be. We all wanted to see what life was like there at the beginning... not just a West Coast version with worse stories, and few characters to really care about.

Anyway, I probably will keep up with this season in the end. What the heck!

I certainly don't miss Madison, though. Do others?

7. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Not really a West Coast story anymore since they left the safety of the water (walkers can't swim)

8. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Nah we bailed on this after the first or maybe second season. It was pretty stupid then and I didn't care about most of the cast then. I guess it hasn't really gotten any better.

9. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I agree 101% the show that it started out as was the show I wanted to see, the how things fell part aspect, in a lot of ways Colony did it better, and of course I enjoyed it more because of that.

10. Gerryex

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Of course!!

I actually somewhat like some of the new characters better than some of the original characters but it still is not as good a show as I would like.

Yes, it was supposed to be the very beginning of the rise of the walkers and the fall of the various governments. I was really looking forward to see how the different government services would start to fail. And while the very beginning of the first season did have some of that it very quickly degenerated into simply another version of the Walking Dead.

And I do NOT miss Madison!! I like the actress (also appeared in Deadwood) but I hated the character. She would somehow be able to assume control of the various situations and then proceed to make the dumbest decisions.

Gerry

11. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I don't miss Madison at all.

Really not enjoying this season's arc of "trying to help others, that's our only mission in life." Not sure why, but ergh, dreck is right.

Was really hoping for the same kind of resurgence I saw with the main WD show this last year. It became an interesting show to watch again. This one? Not so much.

12. lynncosbm

lynncosbm Member

Dec 11, 2006
    Right now the only things keeping me watching are Morgan and John Dorie because I love the actors.

Donbadabon likes this.
  13. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    I’m enjoying it better without Madison. I also like Salazar now that he won’t shoot Strand in the face.

lynncosbm and tivotvaddict like this.
  14. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    THIS just keeps getting stupider and stupider.
    Best I can figure is TWD and Fear both think they need to have a big bad at all times.
    Problem is they all become a big bore and then they try to resolve them in one episode and then bring in a new enemy sometimes all in the same episode like they did here with the Logan character.
    They need to put this show out of its misery.

P.S. I work in video and finding mini-DV tapes in 2019 is near impossible let alone in the middle of a zombie apocalypse - nevermind - keeping all those camera batteries charged. Estupido.

15. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    I don't disagree about the quality of the show, but who was the last big bad? Logan surely doesn't count. He was barely evil and quite pathetic. My take is that they realize how bad the show has become, so they are injecting a big bad as an attempted fix! (I've only watched up to the episode where Virginia is introduced. I assume she's who you're talking about.)

16. Gerryex

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Yes, this show is getting worse and worse!!! I have no idea way I'm still watching this.

What really got me mad at the 9/22 episode is that when they get to the Western amusement park and they see that its crawling with walkers they very quickly give up and call "Ginnie" on the walkie for help. But in the past they have used sound and fire to lure herds of walkers from one point to another. So couldn't they open a small part of the park's fence and come up with some way for the herd to follow some of them and take them a few miles away. I know they are tired after a long walk and are low on food and water but to give up so quickly was really stupid!!! I guess Ginnie and her bad guys are going to be the main subject for the next season.

Also one of the previous episodes was almost all from the video taping point of view and I HATED that episode. Most of the reviewers also hated that episode. So what do the writers do? They make another episode mostly from the video POV. DUMB!!!

I wonder if I'll end up watching the next season or not?

Gerry

17. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I've given up and deleted 3 unwatched episodes. I'll keep checking back to see if it improves like TWD did last season.

18. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I totally agree about shooting from the camera POV. It is annoying. This isn't MASH, knock it off.

So Virginia calls a whole herd on them at the bridge, but they decide later to accept her help? These people annoy me more and more.

I am sticking with it, but it is hanging by a thread for me.

19. rharmelink

rharmelink Active Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Or lure them to Ginny's compound? :)

But all of them were contained. Would the fences hold? If so, they could be killing them through the fences. But it would take time. And they were out of food and water.

20. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    I think they may be on to something with the Office-style mockumentary format. Now they just need to use it to make fun of TWD franchise!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019