1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fear the Walking Dead - "No One's Gone" OAD 061018 - SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Tony_T, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Midseason Finale.
    Some one's gone.
    Boring.
    1Pass may be gone.
    ;)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  2. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I'm a LOT more interested in watching going forward without Madison. She was never my favorite character, unfortunately.

3. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Weird title especially since someone is gone!

I thought the build up to this was done very well and really liked this episode.

I liked Madison, but her arc is done and glad to see new faces. TWD should take a page from this show.

I guess it's Alicia and Strand only ones left from the original cast?

4. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    We don't know what happened with Daniel

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Not original cast, but whatever happened to Alex? The woman from the web-series played by Michelle Ang, who crossed over into the main series for a while in Season 2 then just disappeared? She was a strange one...she seemed to know a lot about what was going on, and was poised to be an important part of the show...until she wasn't.

6. Balzer

Balzer Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I am enjoying this show MUCH more than TWD lately.

7. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    I was initially disappointed by the time jump because I actually thought the ending of season 3 had good potential - all the characters were blown up and separated - how would the reunite, where would they end up, what other groups would each of them encounter, etc. I figured the first half of this season would be separate stories working toward a merge, then they'd find each other in episode 8, etc. I was ok with it.

That said, I didn't mine this current batch, but it basically just makes the show TWD: take 2. Same exact concept, same timeline... What made FTWD interesting was the exploration of the early days - take that away and it's a show about a group of survivors moving from place to place trying to find a home, finding a home, fighting some other group that wants to take it, rinse and repeat. This batch of eps marked a big shift so it was interesting to watch, but I wonder what the show can do now to set itself apart.

I'm surprised they killed of Madison - it's so rare these days for a major cast member to get killed without months of hype behind "someone" dying in the episode. They did a good job of keeping it quiet. I was surprsied to read that it was not her decision, and the new showrunners decided to kill her off. Thought for sure maybe the actress wanted to move on (which was the case with Frank Dillane).... but nope. Very interesting.

That said, I think I have fatigue with this franchise. I don't think TWD can do anything to keep me interested in it at this point unless they do some kind of civil war to close out the show. There's no threat they can introduce that will be different from what's been done, and now I feel like FTWD is in the same boat.

8. rharmelink

rharmelink Member

Nov 30, 2015
    What did I miss? Why was Alicia so insistent that June/Naomi/Laura had killed Madison?

9. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    I think she thought Naomi was with the "vultures" all along, and spied for them while staying in the stadium...thus helping them pull of their attack, etc.

10. brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Just finished watching. Felt like a soap opera. I was waiting for Pet Clark to sing "You and me against the world." Camera lady getting old. Coming real close to deleting 1P.

11. mlsnyc

mlsnyc Active Member TCF Club

Dec 2, 2009
    I actually find this more interesting than TWD at this point. Maybe it’s just because I’m up to date on this one while I’m 2 seasons behind on TWD and don’t have any desire to put in the effort to catch up. I hate to see Madison go but so far I like the new characters so I’m sure I’ll stick around for a little longer. Also her character will probably be around for a few more episodes, the way Nick is still there for the before parts.