Fear Factor S07E01 & S07E02 - 12/12/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by appleye1, Dec 13, 2011.

1. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    Dang that was fun! I forgot how entertaining this show was.

At the start of episode one I would not have expected the winning couple to be the last ones standing. They were athletic but just didn't seem tough enough. But they blew away every team in each competition and definitely deserved the win. I haven't seen episode two yet but I'm looking forward to it.

I loved that they didn't change the format any - it didn't need changing. And it seemed to me that the challenges were a bit more extreme than they used to be, which is good. All in all, I'm glad to see it back. It'll be good entertainment for my teenage son and I to watch on Monday nights.

2. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Anyone else thought that the biker chick in the second episode looked like a blonde Gina Gershon?

I really enjoyed seeing the show again...

3. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    How horrible would it have been in the 2nd ep if the dude that fell from the cargo net had gotten his foot/leg tangled up on the way down.

4. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    Probably not that horrible.

5. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    The "Team Showstopper" guy was a dick, but she wasn't exactly the smartest tool in the shed either. Who in their right mind would go on this show not knowing how to swim?

6. jpcapili

jpcapili New Member

May 13, 2009
    California
    the bathblood.. the blood's gotta be artificial, right? right?!

7. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    No, why would you think it's artificial? The scorpions were real...why not the cow's blood?

8. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    I vote real. :)

I still can't stomach the gross eating stuff they do, but I really like Joe and the rest of the stunts. I can simply FF through the gross parts like I used to. I just wish it wasn't such a big part of the show. :p

9. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I liked these two episodes. Glad to see the show is back. The scorpion eating in the first would have been tough, I think, but the first and last stunts were just average. I wonder what the heck that black, tar-like substance was. My initial guess at the winner was a toss up between the mother-son and brother-sister teams. Mom was in great shape.

In the second ep, I liked all three stunts. I picked team Easy Rider as the winners from the start. I was glad that the two couples in the finals were the least annoying of the four. Jillian, from team Twilight, was super hot, until she opened her mouth. I wonder if Ryan or Jillian had participated in sports in high school - they both got totally gassed from a five and a half minute effort. Attempting the first challenge, and not knowing how to swim, must have been terrifying for the blond. Major cajones on her, and I'm not talking about the ones in her chest.

As for the cow's blood... there might have been some real blood, but it appeared diluted, based on the viscosity. It was too thin and watery to be all real blood, and too light in color, I think. Just a guess. 3,000 gallons would be the blood from almost 300 steer (as a WAG, a 150lb man averages 8 pints, a cow/steer is 10x the weight, so 80 pints, or 10 gallons each). I'm guessing there are slaughterhouses that process more than 300 steer a day, so getting that much real blood probably wouldn't be a problem. It just didn't look right.

10. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    In the scorpion eating challenge, the dark sludge had to be something non-toxic like molasses. No way the producers would have contestants sticking their upper bodies into any petroleum sludge and then ingest bugs while their hands and faces are covered in the stuff.

11. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Non-toxic---sure. A real food (like molasses), I'm not so sure about...

12. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    It seems like it would be a very easy way of transmitting all sorts of zoonotic pathogens - bacteria, viruses, and the like.

13. MrGreg

MrGreg New Member

May 2, 2003
    I found this to be just as unwatchable as the previous incarnation. I can't stand all the filler and BS bravado talk between the contestants. If you strip it down to just the action, it's a much shorter show.

And even then, once I've seen one person perform the stunt, it's not as interesting to see everyone else perform the same stunt. So it ends up being roughly 5 minutes of watchable show in the hour long recording for me. Not worth the effort.

14. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Suprised they didn't show "experts" hooking up the contestants for the helicopter ride. No way they hooked up on their own. They probably stopped the clock, verified the connection and then started rolling the camera again.

Great shot of the 1st couple flying over the camera and 2nd contestants on the way to the water.

15. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    I was thinking the same thing.

16. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    Yeah, me too. It would be very bad publicity if somebody came unhooked and plunged to their death. Good TV, but bad publicity.;)

17. Tivo_60

Tivo_60 NY State of Mind

Jun 13, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    So what happenned to FF ? All I can find online is that NBC pulled the "Donkey" ep, but nothing about being cancelled or returning at some furture date.