FBI Most Wanted - Unnecessary Spinoff?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ADG, Jan 31, 2020.

1. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I'm a fan of Dick Wolf's work (most of it, anyway) and understand the desire to milk a cash cow. But I really think FBI Most Wanted is one too many. There just doesn't seem to be any logical justification for the show. It's set in the same field office as FBI (NYC) and in spite of the title, the bad guys are no more "wanted" in this show than the original series. And more important, in my opinion there isn't one likeable character in the show.

Is it just me?

LlamaLarry and Malcontent like this.
  2. lparsons21

lparsons21 Active Member

Feb 17, 2015
    No, it isn’t just you! It is just OK but certainly not his best effort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

3. Steve-O

Steve-O Member

Jul 1, 2011
    FBI punches through the crowd with the most beautiful and the smartest people on their team. FBI Most Wanted has the ding-and-dent team, including a guy with anger management issues.

4. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Yeah, I really enjoy FBI, but I have already stopping watching Most Wanted...

5. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    Just about every spinoff has been completely unnecessary and unwanted. One of the few that I actually enjoyed was Frasier as a spinoff from Cheers. Every one of the NCIS, CSI, Law and Order, etc., spinoffs was not even close to being as good as the original.

6. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Well, I have to disagree about SVU, but okay.

7. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Si non confectus, non reficiat TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    Yeah, when I heard "Most Wanted" I was hoping for higher-risk stuff - like the 10 Most Wanted list, or proper terrorists or something.

8. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I said this same thing after watching the 2nd episode
    Most wanted what???
    I like FBI
    I am done with this one

9. Feb 1, 2020 #9 of 10
    Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    I hadn't even watched it. It seemed a bit early for a spinoff of a show that was only a season old when it started.

10. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I watched the first FBI:MW episode. I like FBI, I usually watch it within a day or two of the airing which for me means something, especially since my wife doesn't like to watch these types of shows so it usually means I'm staying up late or something.

However FBI:MW S01E01 was meh for me and although I still am recording the series I'm not sure I'll watch more. These are not the kinds of shows I really get dedicated to, they're just popcorn. Who needs meh popcorn?