Fat Chef - All Season Thread (w/ spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jradosh, Jan 30, 2012.

1. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Anyone watching?

Seemed a lot like the show "Heavy" except that they don't expect the overweight people to lose quite as much weight (and they don't follow them for as long either).

The fact that the people are chefs seems to have little to do with their weight problems (even though the show was hyped that way). Basically these are people with poor eating habits who happen to be chefs (or bakers).

If the first episode, assigning a skinny blonde white chick to be the trainer for a fat black chef from Harlem... I really saw that working out :rolleyes:

All in all, there's not much to this show and I don't think I'll keep the SP very long. :(

2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I watched E01. I don't know - I might be heading out the door right behind you. I know it's the basic formula for this kind of show, but I still quickly tire of all the whining. Either sign on and do it, or go somewhere else and whine your life away. I know, I know - people like the drama. I really don't.

Anyway, the guy mostly did pretty well and had a decent attitude but the woman just pissed me off. Of course, you could see it coming that she would 'see the light' and go back to the trainer to grovel. The guy's wife, who is also obese, I found irksome with her pushing. She needed to push herself and quit ragging on him.

Clearly, I'm not their targeted audience. :D I'm going to hang on for now, though.

3. maggsm82

maggsm82 Active Member

Sep 20, 2005
    MA
    I caught the first ep sometime this weekend. I won't be setting a season pass for it. The show was alright, but nothing to get too excited over.

4. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    I'm watching the 2nd episode now. One trainer for both. Remember Brett Hoebel?

[​IMG]

Yup, former Biggest Loser trainer. He stayed in the kitchen with one chef while he was working to make sure he didn't snack on everything. It was weird seeing someone hang out in the kitchen without shouting at everyone like Gordon Ramsey. :)

Greg

5. kar74

kar74 hi.

Feb 13, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I caught a little bit of the first episode and knew the woman chef and woman trainer would NOT be a good mix. The man had potential. I recorded the second episode to watch Rocco Whalen, a local Cleveland chef. I keep seeing clips of him and he is looking great already.

6. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    That's the second episode that I just watched. His body had an amazing transformation after only 15 pounds, and his demeanor completely changed as well. It's nice to see a show where people better themselves without competing.

Greg

7. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yeah, good point. Nobody is competing against anybody else, so they can only sabotage themselves. No eliminations. Just do the work.

8. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I'm liking this series a lot. I noticed something with the last episode I watched. The guy had to loose 80 lbs in 16 weeks. If I recall on the biggest loser, people on there have the potential to lose 100lbs in 6 weeks. Seems to me the 80 lbs in 16 weeks is much more reasonable. This show is much reality to me, it's much more real and sensible than Biggest Loser.

9. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I didn't like how they made the woman feel like a failure if she didn't meet her goals. "I didn't make 5lbs a week! I am a loser!" She was losing 3 lbs a week, consistently. That sounds good and healthy to me.

The guy who got into MMA, and lost more than targetted? Awesome dude. I'll fight you anytime!