Fat Actress

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by etexlady, Feb 24, 2005.

1. etexlady

etexlady Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2002
    East Texas
    This Showtime offering has just been picked up on my To Do List. Kirstie Alley is the star. The title of the first episode is "Big Butts". Maybe you guys can give Leah Rimini a rest and go after Kirstie.

2. DaveBogart

DaveBogart Active Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Golden,...
    I'd go after Kirstie before I'd go after Leah.

3. CharlieB

CharlieB Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    I agree that Kirstie has a prettier face, but she still needs to get back down to her "Cheers" weight before I'd do her.

4. frombhto323

frombhto323 Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Washington, DC
    The original posters on the Leah thread have been getting quite defensive about their statements being criticized, but when I read the heading, I was expecting to see a Kristie Alley-type blow up, not chubby pregnant weight.

Such a shame to see a hottie like Alley just lose control like that.

5. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    And we all know you'd have the chance....

6. CharlieB

Mar 13, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Do you say this when your friends make the same comment? Duh!!! Of course I will never get the opportunity. Nonetheless, even if the opportunity presented itself (does that make you feel better?) I would not do her at her present weight. 50-60 lbs of excess weight is a turnoff for me, whether the woman is a celebrity or a "nobody". If you don't mind the excess baggage, YOU can do her (if the opportunity presented itself). :)

7. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    Yeah, I do. I'm just sarcastic a lot, but comes off more fun in person, I suppose. :p

Somewhat, but I feel all empty inside about it. :(

I wouldn't do her either way. :) But I want to see the show because I think she is funny.

8. spelcheker

spelcheker Giant Forehead Dude

Nov 4, 2002
    Frisco, TX
    You guys don't know what you're missing...

9. 5thcrewman

5thcrewman Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    She's gotta wear the pointy ears and a Star Fleet uniform, hummina hummina!

10. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    It's still all very shocking to me. I *NEVER* pegged Kirstie Alley as someone who would end up grossly overweight. She just never looked like the type to me (body structure). My dad always said "if you want to know if a woman is going to end up fat, look at two things...her mother and her arms."

I have never seen her mother, but Kirstie's arms always looked skinny to me.

Egads!!!

11. digdug

digdug New Member

Jan 13, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    :rolleyes: Oh man, you say that like you'd be 'doing' her a favor.

12. CharlieB

Mar 13, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    How do you know I wouldn't be? :p

13. digdug

digdug New Member

Jan 13, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    :D Touche!

14. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion New Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Alive at...
    Did you ever see Kirstie first national TV appearance as a contestant on Match Game back in 1978?

Gene Rayburn and all the guys fell all over themselves trying to hit on her (only partly in jest, it seemed). At the time Kirstie had just moved west from Wichita and was intending to pursue a career in interior decorating.

Wonder if she used Pier One back then? ;)

Her appearance(s) sometimes show up on GSN. She came on the first time near the end of a show, so her gameplay didn't actually happen until the next show.

Fun to see, if you get the chance...and yes, she was super-mega-hot at the time.

15. jeff94

jeff94 New Member

Dec 10, 2004
    Lol that was great. Haha.

16. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Awesome! :up:

17. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Hmmm, I've never found Kirstie Alley to be hot at all. She was attractive on Cheers, but only mildly so. She always seemed just a little chubby to me and I'm not at all surprised to see her looking as she does now. Jenny Craig is taking a big risk by putting her in the commercials as her fat self and hoping she'll lose the weight. Won't they look stupid if a year from now she's not significantly thinner. :D

18. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Kirstie was on David Letterman tonight and she said that Showtime will be free when her first episode of "Fat Actress" airs so people that don't have Showtime (like me) can check it out.

She looked good tonight on Letterman. She's still heavy, but she said she's lost 22-23 lbs and it does show.

She's got about 30 to go. ;)

19. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    No problem. They'll just get her hooked on cocaine again like she was on Cheers!

Frank

20. orome

orome Tribal Style

Dec 29, 2004
    Caversham...
    I caught that, and used my program guide to scroll to the airdate with All Channels set to press (Rec) on the program.

I assume this'll record even if the channel isn't in my Channels You Receive. If not, y'all have until the sixth to let me know this. ;)