Faster TiVo Search Beta?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by bohbot16, Mar 6, 2010.

1. bohbot16

bohbot16 New Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Katonah, NY

Advertisements

Has anyone noticed that TiVo Search Beta is suddenly faster? It was pretty much unbearably slow last week, but seems to be fairly snappy today. I think TiVo might have upgraded things on their end, because I had to opt-in once again before loading it.

2. deandashl

deandashl New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    YES!

I was playing with it a little tonight. And HOLY COW! It's much faster. Has a few extra things going on I didn't notice before.

A "searching" line flashes above "beta" during searches.

When you look up upcoming episodes or episode guide there is a marker for those in your NPL. It also has a line asking you to play it.

Also the information section (tile?) rolls in from the right instead of just popping up. Smoother too.

The discovery bar is also faster.

Still stutters once in a while and slows down, but it IS a BIG improvement. I recommend everyone check it out.

This speed increase just reinforces my belief that a "light" version (and C-based) of the new UI is very possible on the S3's. If S3's can handle the graphics for this it can do it for the even simpler menus

Obviously, TiVo has good reason to keep the functionality of TiVo Search up to date for the VOD, but I hope they may spread this out to the other areas as well.

3. ajayabb

ajayabb Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Moorestown NJ
    You're right, it is much improved!

4. Jimbo713

Jimbo713 CreaTiVoty!

Dec 25, 2001
    Richmond, VA
    Cool!