Fast resume playback

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jmtt, Sep 18, 2011.

1. jmtt

jmtt New Member

Sep 18, 2011
    I'm a new TiVo Premier owner -- a former ReplayTV user. A feature of the Replay that I miss greatly is one button that will return me to the playback of a show. For example, while paying a recorded program (one episode of a group), I pause to look at live TV and maybe the ToDo list and History, etc. When I'm ready to resume playback, the only way is to go to My Shows, select the program group (again), and touch Play. Is there an easier way to resume the recorded program I had been watching?

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Use the back arrow button. Depending on what you do when you drop out of a recorded program, it may not be efficient, but it will get you back to your program.

For example: you are watching a recorded program and hit Live TV to channel surf or look at the guide. When done, you hit the back arrow button, and that will take you back to the list screen of the recorded program you were previously watching. From there, you select Resume playing and you're back in your show.

3. jmtt

jmtt New Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Steve, thanks. The back arrow works most of the time, but if, as in my example, I've navigated to, say, my history, then the back arrow won't cut it. The only semi-reliable sequence is TiVo, Select, Select, Play, and that won't work if I've been scanning programs in some other group.

It's hard to believe that TiVo's own software engineers haven't been frustrated by this problem, too, and fixed it. Not having a reliable one- or two- stroke Resume ability is obvious deficiency.

4. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Well, if you stay in the HD menus, sometimes the last/return key works to "pop the stack" as it were.

If you are in "Live TV" to get back to the menus first, as the l/r key goes to the previous channel.

5. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Only to those that have come to depend on it.

6. Spl7

Spl7 New Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Funny, I'm missing it too (and still have the replaytv in the bedroom)