Fargo 12/14/2015 (S02E10) "Palindrome"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Dec 14, 2015.

1. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...

Advertisements

I think I'm just going to consider last weeks episode to be the season finale and this one to be like the commercial breaks during an episode one normally completely skips over and ignores.

2. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Mattel Electronic Football from 1977! I had forgotten of it's existence and that I used to own one when it was introduced. Black Sabbath!

And the character who met the most horrific ending.... poor Mike.

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    Second time in 4 days I've seen that game on TV (Pawn Stars). Found out there's even an app for it.

As tremendous as this season was, I wasn't particularly thrilled with the finale.

4. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Seemed to set up season three.

5. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...

Advertisements

Once again, a series has the climatic episode as the one before the finale.

We still can expect Hanzee to show up next season for Lou, Molly, Gus, and Peggy to deal with.

6. HoosierFan

HoosierFan Board game geek

May 8, 2001
    North...
    Relating to Hanzee and Season 1, not sure if it's fact or not, from the EW recap..

For his coda, Hanzee gets a new face and a couple of huge season 1 Easter eggs. Although it’s left vague, there was another part involved in the destruction of the Gerhardts. The representative meets Hanzee at a baseball field and hands over his new identity. Hanzee will become Moses Tripoli, the boss of the Fargo outfit in season 1, the same man that Lorne Malvo takes out as a part of his offscreen shooting spree. On the field in front of him are two boys speaking in sign language. These two are presumably Mr. Wrench and Mr. Numbers, the men tasked with taking out Malvo.

7. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    That was all pretty much in the episode...although the connections weren't obvious (I figured the kids must be Wrench and Numbers, although I missed the significance of Hanzee's new name...shoulda Googled it!).

8. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I just thought this kind of wrapped up the lives and set up S3. Kind of anti-climactic, but how do you follow what happened last week? Nice tie ins to S1 but I had completely forgotten about all that (which is one of the problems with short seasons is that there's SO much time between them) Going to have to go back and watch S1 soon.

9. tlc

tlc Active Member

May 29, 2002
    Quite the new face:
    [​IMG]

10. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    What was with Mike Milligan joining what seemed like the corporate world?

11. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    That's exactly what Mike Milligan was thinking in this episode.

MM clearly thought he was going to move up in the ranks of the organization based on his job performance, which is true. What he didn't expect was that "moving up" meant he was going to get a desk job. He (and we) didn't know how corporate the organization was.

12. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    It kinda reminded me of the end of The Shield, only in this case he wasn't being punished on purpose.

13. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    That is way cool. We were made to think that Hanzee was going to knife somebody.

I missed on what happened to Hanzee's face. I thought he got away scott free. Gotta replay.

:D Did they have the bleaching process ala Michael Jackson, in the 1980s?

14. dwatt

dwatt Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2007
    I believe Peggy threw a pot of hot water/coffee on him.

15. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    We didn't? We first met Brad Garrett giving a slide presentation in a conference room about how the South Dakota takeover was going to go.

16. Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    I thought we'd find out about Walt's limp? Mike Milligan kind of got the same reward Vic Mackey got in the Shield.

17. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    Just read article about Season 3 of Fargo.

Writer has already written one episode. Won't air till 2017 since they film in Calgary in Winter and too late to do it this Winter. Also won't feature the Solversons. Will be a whole new cast set 2 years in later than the end of Season 1. (2010 time frame) Aimed to be in an age of Selfies. Writer said to keep with the concept of being a true life story these extreme events are once in a lifetime events and hence can't/shouldn't happen to the same people over and over again.

18. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
  19. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I find it interesting to consider Mike Milligan's new office to be about the size of a jail cell, where he will spend years in isolation (somewhat) working the phone and pushing papers. Promotion or Punishment? He does have his freedom every day outside of 8 - 4 or 9 - 5, but he is otherwise removed from society.
    :cool:

I also expected to see Lou get shot in the hip or the leg in Sioux Falls to explain away his limp in his later years.

Gonna have to rewatch S1 and S2 in a marathon binge session over the Xmas holidays.

20. MacThor

MacThor Not Pictured

Feb 7, 2002
    Richmond VA
    Where was Greta in Betsy's dream?