Fandango Problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by merrickw, Jul 28, 2007.

1. merrickw

merrickw Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Manhattan
    Anyone else having a problem using Fandango on TiVo?

No movie information is showing up in "Now in Theaters", "Opening This Week" or "Browse Theaters". However, the list of theaters does show up correctly. Since no movies show up, no showtimes show up either.

2. nwellner

nwellner New Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Yup, same problem here.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Same here.

Dan

4. S3-2501

S3-2501 New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    I am also having problems accessing the Fandango listings on my S3.

5. Royal2000H

Royal2000H New Member

Jul 1, 2007
    tonight was my first time trying to access it (had to put in my zip) so i thought it wouldn't have the info on the spot. Turns out it's a common problem....

S2 DT

6. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    Not working here, either. :(

7. theguru1974

theguru1974 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Finally worked for me tonight for the 1st time since getting my new Tivo HD this weekend. Server outage perhaps?

Eric

8. Aug 1, 2007 #8 of 14
    merrickw

merrickw Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Manhattan
    Seems to be working here, too.

Although I found another potential bug in the app. When I was trying to get it to work, I tried several zip codes. On my last attempt I entered a zip code that doesn't exist.

Now the application crashes when trying to enter a new zip; that screen won't load. I'll forward that off to Fandango tech support.

9. rockymountaind

rockymountaind New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    I entered a valid, but newish (july 06) zip code. It didn't like it, and now I'm getting the same app crash when trying to enter a different one.

Did you ever get any feedback?

10. merrickw

merrickw Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Manhattan
    No response from Fandango on this. The app still crashes on trying to change the zip. Fortunately I have another TiVo with a good zip and I use that. It would be nice to have this fixed, though. I did my time calling Fandango and TiVo support last time. I'm out.

11. rockymountaind

rockymountaind New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    Thanks. I'll call and play the new customer card.

12. merrickw

merrickw Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Manhattan
    Browse and Buy Movie Tickets - BUG

This feature is still broken on one of my TiVos. I had entered a zip code which is not a valid zip (accidentally) and now this feature will not allow me to edit the zip. All screens go to this error screen:

"An error occurred while running the application. The application closed during a read (0x50006)."

Does TiVo support this feature? How can I reset the zip code?

13. Fofer

Fofer Bo55man69

Oct 29, 2000
    This app still doesn't work. It crashes as soon as I move the arrow down once.

Good job, TiVo :thumbsdown:

14. Phantom Gremlin

Phantom Gremlin Active Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Tualatin,...
    If I want to use Fandango, I simply point Firefox on my laptop to FANDANGO and am quite happy with the results.

I use TiVo for recording from TV. I don't use it for Amazon or Netflix or Fandango or whatever else it may or may not have.

Once you grok that TiVos are great for time shifting but suck for all the ancillary stuff, then you will be a much much happier person.