Family Guy 5-4-08

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by lawilson2, May 5, 2008.

1. May 5, 2008 #1 of 31
    lawilson2

lawilson2 New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Chicago

Advertisements

Stewie showing up for the blind date had me rollin for at least 3 minutes straight. I had to pause to get it all out!

2. May 5, 2008 #2 of 31
    Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    That Michael J. Fox joke had me rolling. I am SO going to hell.

3. May 5, 2008 #3 of 31
    packerfan

packerfan Elk Whisperer

Jan 7, 2002
    Titletown
    I was expecting more out of a season finale, but there were some pretty funny parts.

4. May 5, 2008 #4 of 31
    MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    I was DYING during the frog scene, I literally had tears.

Thought it was a very funny episode

5. May 5, 2008 #5 of 31
    scottykempf

scottykempf New Member

Dec 1, 2004

Advertisements

"Whoaaaa." LOL

6. May 5, 2008 #6 of 31
    SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    That was my big LOL too.

7. May 5, 2008 #7 of 31
    Cindy1230

Cindy1230 Cuteness overload

Oct 31, 2003
    Bethesda, MD
    Brian at the end and his F-You was awesome.... his nose was all bent. :D
    I replayed it 3 times.

I thought the episode was slow at the beginning, but they made it up for it in the the last 5 minutes.

8. May 5, 2008 #8 of 31
    Demandred

Demandred RPSLS Champion

Mar 6, 2001
    Houston, TX, US
    Frog scene :up:

Michael J Fox joke :thumbsdown:

9. May 5, 2008 #9 of 31
    windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I'm not sure why, but the frog scene was the only time I LOL'ed this episode. And yeah, it went on longer than needed (as those things usually do) but it was still funny.

The pirate raid in the cars was good too.

10. lawilson2

lawilson2 New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Chicago
    The pirate scene was well done. Where in the heck did the British guy get a cannon from? lol

11. 5thcrewman

5thcrewman Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    "Nicole. Ronald. Who's ready for some Boggle?"

12. jgerry

jgerry save vinyl

Aug 29, 2001
    Atlanta,...
    The frog scene had me laughing like crazy as well. Not sure why, but that was funny.

The OJ scene was just wrong, wrong, wrong, and hilarious!

13. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    There were only four problems with the episode, if you ask me (why, no, no you didn't, did you?):

I just couldn't get past how Chris was dating somebody who, I assume, had to be at least four years older than he was (or maybe I misunderstood what a vet's intern is, but I assumed she was at least in college);

The frog scene went a little too long (it's what Simpsons fans call a "rake scene" (there was an episode where Sideshow Bob stepped on a rake, causing the handle to hit him in the face - followed by the same thing happening eight more times) - it went from "funny" to "overdone");

The Michael J. Fox joke crossed a line (and anybody who recorded the episode might want to keep a copy, because I would not be surprised if the gag is edited from future versions and the DVD, the way an Osama bin Laden joke was edited from an earlier episode);

Finally, Fox chose that night to air one of the best American Dad episodes so far. (Little-known fact; pretty much the only "major" cartoon character where they make it a point to establish a continuity of left/right-handedness is that ten-year-old southpaw sensation, Bart Simpson - and this is almost certainly because Matt Groening is also left-handed.)

-- Don

14. jking

jking Become who you are.

Mar 23, 2005
    Kentucky
    Wait... Brian the DOG has a child with a human female, and you couldn't get past the fact that in this episode Chris was dating a girl who MIGHT be a few years older? :confused::D

15. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Well in high school through some classes you can intern at places, I know my high school had this, so she could VERY easily be in HS, and what jking said :D

That's exactly what makes this scene funny! I went from laughing hard, to not, to literally crying while I was laughing BECAUSE it went on so long.

It's kinda a family guy thing, remember the chicken fights, or Peter skinning his knee, it's been done like a 1/2 dozen times before on this show!

Yes the joke was kinda in poor taste, but it really wasn't THAT bad.

Glad that it's a good ep, I love American Dad too and haven't gotten to watch last nights yet.

16. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    When I first started watching Family Guy I got annoyed at the scenes that went on so long, but then I started to appreciate the humor in that and I love them now. The frog scene was hilarious.

Poor Brian's nose was at a right angle after Chris beat him with the chair.

And what was that little 'x' on the cat.....

17. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Wait, so the whole Joe can't have sex because he's a cripple thing isn't going too far, but poking fun at MJF is crossing a line? The fact that they didn't show him sign it made it perfectly fine for me. Sure it was a little mean, but that doesn't mean it's not funny.

Why is making fun of MJF crossing the line? Is it just because he's so well liked? They make fun of people all the time. What about when they made fun of Minnie Driver's massive head? I just don't see what makes it different? They're trying to cross the line, or at least straddle the thing, but this is the first time I've seen anyone actually say something, and multiple people at that.

18. 5thcrewman

5thcrewman Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    Uh, cuz Chris is hung like a horse? (Or did you forget that?)

19. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Kristallnacht!!

So wrong. So funny.

20. USAFSSO

USAFSSO Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Las Cruces, NM
    Did you acutely compare Minnie Driver's head size to MJF's Parkinson's? Ha ::eek:

The seen was funny, say it coming, but was funny.