Family Guy - 03/20/11 - "Trading Places"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by windracer, Mar 23, 2011.

1. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL

Advertisements

A few funny parts, but what I really wanted to post/ask about was the school shooting "gag" where Peter is dressed in the trenchcoat with the shotgun and says he's going to make those bullies pay. Then he makes the cell phone call and says "it's off! it's off!" but you hear weapons fire over the phone.

Wow. :eek: Over the line, even for FG?

2. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I wondered if this would be brought up.

The way I see it, at this point FG figures they are going to piss someone off, so why not go for the joke they want to tell. Over the line? Sure. Funny? For me, I was amused that they went with the joke, but the joke itself was only so-so. Should they have done it? Yep.

It's their show, they still have a huge fan base that will possibly find it funny, people are going to be upset regardless. That's really all there is to say.

3. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I've always been a huge fan of the show but this season has been a total dud. I'm on the verge of dropping the season pass. Given the shortage of threads here, others must feel the same way.

4. Bob_Newhart

Bob_Newhart My Custom User Title

Jul 14, 2004
    Houston
    Chris' voice (Seth Green) is so annoying. I really hate that raspy, squealy sound so I didn't care for his story in this. I like it when he's only in each episode for a minute or two.

The school shooting joke? Nothing FG does shocks me anymore so this didn't either. It was fairly funny to me.

The whole bit with Mr. Pewterschmidt and destroying the bus seat was another typically too long, over the top bit that has gotten old (at least it wasn't another chicken fight or dumb song & dance routine). I wish they'd spend the time wasted on stuff like this to come up with more jokes for the show.

Overall this was a fairly forgettable episode and one I wouldn't bother to watch again in syndication. I wish American Dad would come back.

5. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!

Advertisements

Columbine was over a decade ago. I chuckled.

I dislike AD and The Cleveland Show, and I think the Mcfarlane train is hitting a wall.